• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice age longer limit strap and khaos 165 suspension adjustment

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
For those going to the elevate spindles I wouold expect a heavier steering and the sled being more planted unless you make equal changes out back. My buddy has them on a 165 9R and it feels light in the steering but he had to adjust the center shock much more than my sled with stock spindles.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
For those going to the elevate spindles I wouold expect a heavier steering and the sled being more planted unless you make equal changes out back. My buddy has them on a 165 9R and it feels light in the steering but he had to adjust the center shock much more than my sled with stock spindles.
Yeah I’ve never understood the draw to the raised spindle. Install spindle. Ruin handling. Adjust suspension. Now you have a trencher with botched handling and an empty wallet.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Yeah I’ve never understood the draw to the raised spindle. Install spindle. Ruin handling. Adjust suspension. Now you have a trencher with botched handling and an empty wallet.
you can feel the extra ski pressure immediately in the garage
1- pick up your ski tips
2- install the spindles
3- pick up your ski tips again .. and you'll realize how much more ski pressure you got

I ran them in the previous years, but i'll stick to stock spindles and not having to move my skid to the lower hole to compensate. That move puts more pressure on your rails, hyfax, so on and so forth.. I had a broken front arm and a severly worn out front shock cross shaft .. perhaps side efffects of running the skid in the lower hole ? who knows

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
you can feel the extra ski pressure immediately in the garage
1- pick up your ski tips
2- install the spindles
3- pick up your ski tips again .. and you'll realize how much more ski pressure you got

I ran them in the previous years, but i'll stick to stock spindles and not having to move my skid to the lower hole to compensate. That move puts more pressure on your rails, hyfax, so on and so forth.. I had a broken front arm and a severly worn out front shock cross shaft .. perhaps side efffects of running the skid in the lower hole ? who knows
My 2019 had a broken front arm and slopped shafts in 1,000 miles. Not an uncommon thing I guess.

BigSkyRider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2011
MT
For those that are feeling heavier steering..Are you dropping your front torque arm into the lower position? If just adding a taller spindle you will have more weight on the skis. Yes, you can just add preload to the front track but it's going to get trenchy in deep or sugar. Lower front torque arm hole, with light preload is where it's at. Super responsive and light steering. I love mine. Once you get them dialed in, it's really hard to go back to a non-elevated setup. Just feels heavier and slower to react.

Premium Features