• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any reviews / thoughts on the SLP Boost weights?

B
Feb 17, 2019
Any reviews / thoughts on the SLP MAGNUM FORCE ULTRA CLUTCH WEIGHTS Boost weights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just got my Stage 1 SLP kit installed yesterday. Will be setting up and fine tuning this coming weekend. I will post back what I think.
85845259b2a2e5c6e4c4f8ac4a67bbdc.jpg

07d8897a8dd0373d785dad4374c0b446.jpg

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
Sorry boys........ just got home last night.
I have to say that I am really impressed with the SLP Boost Kit. I feel it is a noticeable difference from stock. Bottom end is way snappier and definitely helped with the sluggishness on the bottom end. Its a very responsive feel throughout compared to Stock. I was running 6500-7000' max. elevation and ran the primary insert, plus three regular inserts, and finally the locking insert. (I didnt have my gram scale when I installed, so I cannot tell you what they are compared to stock). WOT and it held 8450-8500rpm steady and back shifted nicely. Worth the money in my opinion.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Awesome! Do you have a chart with the recommended number of inserts for different altitudes? My kit didn’t come with any recommendations on that and I don’t see anything on their website. A photo would be great. Thanks.

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
I do not have handy right now, but what I have listed above is the starting point listed. A person can then add/subtract the regular inserts as needed to dial in RPM as one see's fit. They do note that 5 regular inserts is the maximum that can be installed.

B
Feb 17, 2019
I ended up getting the sheet below from SLP.

First ride today with this SLP Boost clutch setup. Had the weight inserts set at the 9,000’ + Setup. Rode at about 10,000’ and Holly crap!!! What a night and day difference in the bottom end snappiness in the BOOST. I’ve done clutch kits before, but nothing has ever had such a dramatic increase in performance. I was blown away!! Crack the throttle in the trees and bam the sled now takes off immediately. It went from zero to hero. Right there with how snappy the G5’s are on the bottom end. Drop the mic….
IMG_3135.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I ended up getting the sheet below from SLP.

First ride today with this SLP Boost clutch setup. Had the weight inserts set at the 9,000’ + Setup. Rode at about 10,000’ and Holly crap!!! What a night and day difference in the bottom end snappiness in the BOOST. I’ve done clutch kits before, but nothing has ever had such a dramatic increase in performance. I was blown away!! Crack the throttle in the trees and bam the sled now takes off immediately. It went from zero to hero. Right there with how snappy the G5’s are on the bottom end. Drop the mic….
View attachment 399568

Video time. ?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I've been using the weights ans playing a LOT with secondary setups this year. Overall I think the tucked leg on the weights is key foe cresting the bottom end snap. Does create a little bit of a goofy cam over point at 20mph but that's my only complaint about them

I am curious kn their boost kits saying stock helix on 22 and 23 since those are vastly different helixes?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've been using the weights ans playing a LOT with secondary setups this year. Overall I think the tucked leg on the weights is key foe cresting the bottom end snap. Does create a little bit of a goofy cam over point at 20mph but that's my only complaint about them

I am curious kn their boost kits saying stock helix on 22 and 23 since those are vastly different helixes?
Classic SLP logic.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Here’s a YouTube video trying to show the snappier bottom end. It’s perfect in the trees. I didn’t have my go pro so it’d been difficult to get footage in the trees. Tried to simulate blipping the throttle like in a tree ride situation. Anyway…

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here’s a YouTube video trying to show the snappier bottom end. It’s perfect in the trees. I didn’t have my go pro so it’d been difficult to get footage in the trees. Tried to simulate blipping the throttle like in a tree ride situation. Anyway…

Cool.

I’m assuming the response was worse before?

It sounds normal for bone stock 2022 clutching at our elevation (0-3200 alaska)

The can you are running might be hurting the response?

B
Feb 17, 2019
At 10,000’ the bottom end was pretty spongy with full stock everything. Changing from the stock can to the Diamond S titanium can did not have any negative effect and really no positive effect except for the weight savings. This new bottom end snappyness at 10k with the SLP clutch setup is close to how the sled felt stock when I first rode it at around 6,500’ in McCall Id, and Revy.

In my opinion, at 10,000’ the stock clutching just doesn’t have enough power (in the NA range / bottom end) to be snappy with the stock weights etc. With stock clutching at 10k, the R’s slowly climb and when the turbo gets spinning it finally does its thing and deals well with the stock weights and they rip. Just not enough power in the NA band to spin it up fast like the SLP setup.

All just my opinion. I’m no clutching expert, but I know the sled if crazy more snappy now at 10k.

bb900

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2008
saskatchewan
i have these weights would like to drop peak rpm by 200. any idea how much rpm drop per setscrew

Premium Features