• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Tribute to Randy Swenson

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Veedy,

Pretty much whoever is standing next to me at the time!! :) Me, Dave Schell, Scott Marquart, Natalie Story, and a few others do stills for us.

Scott,

Here is a pan-back of the chute. You can see his line coming in from the bottom. I think Randy calls it the OVERHANG COULOIR because as you can see by his line, he goes behind (and slightly under) the rock overhang. He popped out way left up by the rock and squeezed through with rock scratches on his cowlings and a badly bent Simmons Gen II ski!! It was a fun pull for sure!

RandyCrazychutepannedback.jpg

JIM

wow..............that could be one of the gnarliest pics i've ever seen. talk about a pull.............. Climbmax, what was going through your mind once you got on the right side of that rock???? ........:face-icon-small-hap sick.....just plain sick.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
As others have said, Randy is truly one of the GREAT ambassadors of our sport. Besides being one of the best riders around, he is also one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. Never a bad word, or for that matter a frown!! His smile and energy are contagious!!

Randy, thanks for all you do for our sport and the people in it. It is truly an honor knowing you.

Jim, thanks for the post!!

modsledr

R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
This is the kind of Post this site needs,thanks Jim for sharring:D. You can see from the responses what kind of person Randy is, the effect he has on adults and kids is without question. Like Randy says now go out and ride. Cheers Red Dog.:D

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Purdy dang nice pictures there Jimmy. Appreciate you sharing.

I met Randy a few times, and can say that with just the few moments around him that he deserves my best compliment I could give to someone I respect as a person and sledder............

"He is indeed a man to ride the mountains with"

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2007
Randy is a class act forsure, he is the best mountain rider out there right now in my opinion. He is the reason I am climbing and riding harder then ever. First season riding the mountains of B.C. and the first time I road with Randy he had me climbing chutes and I have been hooked ever since. Thanks Randy for pushing me. Rip N' Tear. Oh and that line he pulled was sick!

T

tothebar

that was deffinatley one of the most impresive pulls ive ever seen. the picture doesnt do it justice. i thought u were crazzy for goin up there randy but u pulled it off nicley! way to push the envelope:D:beer;:beer;

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Randy,

Whether it is hitching a ride to the rockpit late one night in Revy from some local, hitting the clubs with some good peeps during the snowshows in town, to meeting up with ya on the bowls of Boulder/... you are a class act, always smiling, and willing to help out any way you can.

Randy, you rank between 1 to 10 , as a good fellah...., a 12 for sure bud!!

I am glad to know ya, you are a good friend in my books buddy.

Have a fantastic summer!!:beer;:face-icon-small-hap

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
yes he is a great guy i only have met him once a few years ago a couple of days before the big iron shootout he was riding with the mcx guys. we talk for a bit & ask if me & my buddy wanted to tag along had a great day riding in deep pow in some of his secret spots made my trip just to meet him way cool guy.:beer;:beer;

I
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George BC
Yeeeesh! Ive been gone all week and I sign in to a "tribute" - I thought something terrible had happened!
Good on ya guys - I will second (or is that 22nd) the thought that Randy is as nice as guy as you will meet - and his riding speaks for itself!
:beer;

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
way to go Randy........Yamaha sure owns him huge for representing the yammy's and riding the shat out of them.....

Last edited:
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Wheew!!!!!!!I thought he died.

This is good to say good things about a great guy before he kicks the bucket.

Randy thanks for all the help over the years. Even as King of the sport you take the time to help the little guy.

You deserve all this acclaim and more, especially from Yamaha, they don't fully apreciate what they have in you.

Those pics show great riding, but also great photography.

Thanks to both of you, Owen

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Never had a bad ride with Randy, his sled's always work great and he's always got a good tude, I dont think he can have a bad day if there is snow involved LOL
OH, and Yamaha Loves him, the guy is the "DSM of the year" but doesn't think he deserve's it, Betcha he's embarrassed to have a tribute
Good on ya Swennie

Premium Features