• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Tribute to Randy Swenson

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Thunderstruck

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Helena, MT
www.bigskyx.com
I have spent a lot of time with Randy Swenson (CLIMBMAX) this season and have seen some of the most amazing riding ever by him! Fuji, as his friends call him, has had epic day after epic day, sunny day after sunny day. The footage we have for Randy's segment in TS7 will blow you away! From deep powder to technical boondocking to technical climbing, he has done it all. One day last week Randy actually climbed 16 different chutes in Revy in one day!! That's a HUGE feat!

So I bragged to Randy about all the cool stuff I have watched through my cameras and he wanted to see some pics. So instead of just e-mailing them to him, I thought I would share them with SnoWest. Randy spends some time on here so enjoy and let him know what you think!!

As Brad Story has nicknamed and perfectly described Randy, "He is my Favorite Canadian!"

Kudos to Randy for an amazing season in which the craziest is yet to come!!!

JIM

2008RandyclimbsnearAnotherDayweb.jpg

2008RandyturnsinKeystoneweb.jpg

2008Randyentersthesnatchweb.jpg

2008Randysunsetwheelieweb.jpg

2008RandyrocksKeystoneweb.jpg

2008Randylookslikeblackandwhiteweb.jpg

2008RandyleavesFujiSnatchweb.jpg

2008RandyintheTurtlepowderweb.jpg

2008Randydropsintoasecretlakeweb.jpg

JIM

Thunderstruck

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Helena, MT
www.bigskyx.com
A few more pics:

2008Randycastsapowdershadowweb.jpg

2008Randycarvesundertheicefallweb.jpg

2008Randycarvesaturnweb.jpg

2008Randyfigure8web.jpg

2008Randyaboutthechutesweb.jpg

This is a picture of a super-crazy line he pulled last weekend. Notice his track comes in from the left from under the rock and exits to the left just above the rock! Amazing footage!!

2008RandyCraziestlineonTurtle.jpg

JIM

S

STRAYPUSSY

Nov 26, 2007
EDMONTON,AB
sweet pics jim.. Randy i cant even explain.. nice work:beer;
well i spent last week riding with some of the guys and gals from Thunderstruck and had a blast just watching some off the chutes that were being pulled was unreal had a great time boys:beer;:beer;

oya and that last pic.. that was sweet watching Randy go up there from the bottom what a pull you rock Fuji..:D

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Awesome pics Jim ! who was the photographer ? I bet you did get some great footage of Randy, those were some excellent weather days we had there.

Here's a :beer; for Randy, an awesome dude, and an awesome sledder.

P

powder Head

Nov 27, 2007
Marysville Wash
Sweet pics Jim, Randy can definitly ride. Not only can he ride but he's a great person also. Had the opportunity to ride with him 2 years ago at Revy. We we're stuck at the cabin, all fogged in and he asked us and a couple other folks if we wanted to go for a ride, we said sure, it beats sitting at the cabin. He took us a low route I have never been on and we ended up back at Turbo and the sun was out man it was one of the funnest days I have ever had in Revy. It was a great day, if he hadn't asked us to ride we might have been at the cabin all day.

Thanks Randy, cheers to a great rider and a great person.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Randy, it is a joy to watch you ride.

Thank you Jim for sharing your passion with us!!

You both bring a smile to my son's face. That means the world to me.

IMG_0471-1.jpg

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
incredible Jim!!!!

That last pull, randy you should be turned into the loonie house! insaine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I think Randy had to be the one of the first ones to turbo at 4 stroke. At least it was the first RX1 light weighted turbo I had ever saw. Just remember how amazed I was watching him climb some stupid steep hills in Whistler. Awesome rider and a very nice guy!!

Good on you Randy!!

Premium Features