• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858 Demo

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021
Was planning to go until they moved it to west, i know its hardly much further but to go and try attend the event to ride (is there even any hills or just a rough trail ride?) Then head back to IP to ride my own sled seems like I'd waste a day just trying to ride a sled i cant afford for a few years.
If they kept it in island park i could go back to back with mine without an truck drive and unloading in between.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Sign at the hotel says 10-5. Whoever created the fakebook event did not pay attention to the time zone. Imagine that! 😂

Will see if we get back in time this afternoon. I’m not giving up a day riding.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Thats all you got??
Ha ha. It pulls like a freight train like McClure said all the way through. On the trail i wasn't sure. In the powder it launches out of the snow. 154 will stand on end in the flat if you step back. Road 154 and 146. Blue mountain cat with g8. 3 inch track hooks and just launches. Whether it's a combo of motor and track. 9r with 325 seems like it might be in trouble. Hard to say being rode on different days. It almost seems like the motor is like a turbo in that it needed loaded. I heard another guy saying this same thing. Wasn't sure on trail but really woke up in the snow. 9r revs quicker out of the hole than any 2 stroke to date but this motor is good and pulls hard all the way through. Thinking it might surprise polaris owners. The 154 was set stiff and trail sucked. It rides better than my polaris and the old alpha sucked. Just railed them over 50 down the trail. No 165 there. The 146 was the funnest sled of them all. G8 guage is awesome. Only played with it while waiting for other riders to catch up. Temp was in celcius and 154 was hot when i started it. Flashes orange. Cooled down when we really got going. This is definitely what everyone has been waiting for.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Sign at the hotel says 10-5. Whoever created the fakebook event did not pay attention to the time zone. Imagine that! 😂

Will see if we get back in time this afternoon. I’m not giving up a day riding.
Didn't want to see you parked along the trail throwing rocks at your sled. Probably better that you didn't ride them.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Ha ha. It pulls like a freight train like McClure said all the way through. On the trail i wasn't sure. In the powder it launches out of the snow. 154 will stand on end in the flat if you step back. Road 154 and 146. Blue mountain cat with g8. 3 inch track hooks and just launches. Whether it's a combo of motor and track. 9r with 325 seems like it might be in trouble. Hard to say being rode on different days. It almost seems like the motor is like a turbo in that it needed loaded. I heard another guy saying this same thing. Wasn't sure on trail but really woke up in the snow. 9r revs quicker out of the hole than any 2 stroke to date but this motor is good and pulls hard all the way through. Thinking it might surprise polaris owners. The 154 was set stiff and trail sucked. It rides better than my polaris and the old alpha sucked. Just railed them over 50 down the trail. No 165 there. The 146 was the funnest sled of them all. G8 guage is awesome. Only played with it while waiting for other riders to catch up. Temp was in celcius and 154 was hot when i started it. Flashes orange. Cooled down when we really got going. This is definitely what everyone has been waiting for.
You should have switched the shocks to soft. 😁
That setting is awesome down the trail. Great sled glad I ordered one. A little clutching and the 858 will be a ripper. The e-shocks will be nice and I’m going to love e-start. Everyone’s reviews on the chassis are spot on. Next winter can’t get hear fast enough!!!

The blue looks sweet in person.

IMG_2244.jpeg IMG_2243.jpeg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You should have switched the shocks to soft. 😁
That setting is awesome down the trail. Great sled glad I ordered one. A little clutching and the 858 will be a ripper. The e-shocks will be nice and I’m going to love e-start. Everyone’s reviews on the chassis are spot on. Next winter can’t get hear fast enough!!!

The blue looks sweet in person.
I didn't know how to switch them.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
I saw the sign with 10am today and almost turned around but I talked to them and they let me tag along on their first ride this morning a little after 8. All the colors look good. The internet pictures don't do them justice. Like everyone says it pulls hard throughout the powerband plenty of torque and just seemed smooth. Even in the tracked up hard snow around here it handled effortlessly. And you definitely noticed the weight or lack of weight compared to the Alpha.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
ahhhhhh come on guys, why you gotta say it like that. I was hoping the thing got crap reviews. I have a new 9r with about no miles on it with hyfax blown off and waiting on clutch to kill somebody. I am tired of the Poo stuff, but was going to ride it next year. Im not lying now I want to get a cat haha. *****

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
A little trivia, poo was the first to do that and then Doo did it. Cat don't do it, they are cheap garbage switches that you have to either stop of take your hand off the bar depending on saddle time. I won't stop to flick a cheap ass toggle/rocker switch :)
You want to dial into something talk about these clutches. Even the latest and greatest is nothing but old school drag clutches.
Look up Cats badass WildCat and look at those clutches. Now that is one smooth SOB, you want throttle response smooth as silk and those aren't no freight haulers :)
All of the 3 manufactures use those clutches in bigger and smaller applications, the R&D for performance sled clutches must be bar drinking drag racing buddies :)image.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features