• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858 Demo

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Was lucky enough to get a quick 858 demo ride, cant think those involved enough(they know who they are) an already great new chassis now has a great new engine, glad I ordered one, you will be disappointed if you didn't order one.

Huge improvement over my 2022 Hardcore Alpha in every way.

I am not a writer, I wont be writing a long review lol, Snowest will be riding it soon enough

426563473_10232662038117698_3626256718230318789_n.jpg

426728371_10232662037317678_5874200429461524528_n.jpg 426852052_10232662047877942_8233717197191577927_n.jpg

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Reminds me of something a handful of years ago.
“You have to wait till it’s passed to know what’s in it”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I have a chance this weekend to demo an Ibex Turbo 600. Should be somewhat similar to the 858. Not the grunt probably but should be close. Super excited for this chance since I wasn't going to order a catalyst without at least riding one.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
I have a chance this weekend to demo an Ibex Turbo 600. Should be somewhat similar to the 858. Not the grunt probably but should be close. Super excited for this chance since I wasn't going to order a catalyst without at least riding one.

Nice, hope you have a chance to give out a detailed review on here, there isn't many.

The only thing around here to demo this weekend is a Tiaga electric snowmobile.

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
Sorry no pictures but the snow was amazing this weekend in the Snowies, and yes it was busy there on Saturday and Sunday.
The Catalyst platform is the real deal. It is by far the easiest sled to hold a line on that I have ever rode. It is literally a think about where you want to go and the sled goes there. The like list: handling, ergonomic, handlebar layout, the look of easy maintenanc, and being one of the few catalysts on the mountain. The things that I didn’t like about the sled were mostly due to the Ibex Turbo starving itself for air in the deep snow and having the intake on the right side. This Thing is a ripper on the top end, just lots more lag than I am used too. Dislike list not related to the turbo: Gauge screen placement( horrible design that is always covered in snow ) Heavy steering ( easy to fix with adjusting the suspension )and lack of storage.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I thought the 858 demo ride this weekend was at big springs in island park. Looks like they moved it to west?
Yes it was moved to West. The National Forest Service in IP expressed some "concerns" and would not allow use of the Big Springs Warming Hut for the demo. Typical feds, make something out of nothing.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Yes it was moved to West. The National Forest Service in IP expressed some "concerns" and would not allow use of the Big Springs Warming Hut for the demo. Typical feds, make something out of nothing.
Those ass monkeys need to remember that they work FOR US!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Sorry no pictures but the snow was amazing this weekend in the Snowies, and yes it was busy there on Saturday and Sunday.
The Catalyst platform is the real deal. It is by far the easiest sled to hold a line on that I have ever rode. It is literally a think about where you want to go and the sled goes there. The like list: handling, ergonomic, handlebar layout, the look of easy maintenanc, and being one of the few catalysts on the mountain. The things that I didn’t like about the sled were mostly due to the Ibex Turbo starving itself for air in the deep snow and having the intake on the right side. This Thing is a ripper on the top end, just lots more lag than I am used too. Dislike list not related to the turbo: Gauge screen placement( horrible design that is always covered in snow ) Heavy steering ( easy to fix with adjusting the suspension )and lack of storage.
I'm guessing some of the lag you're talking is the 600 doesn't have much power right out of the hole stock. That is why the 850r feels better than a boost. Doo 850 na has better bottom end than poo. Wind 600 up and it runs good. I thought the catalyst would be great with where they located the intake and no ledge for snow to sit on. Not so good with boost? Stock 24 polaris's , boosts and 9rs, are not so good in deep snow. Gauge placement does suck. Doo has the dinner plate and the catalyst has the swimming pool. Not so easy to wipe. I also thought steering was heavy but haven’t played with shocks. Shocks on it suck anyway and springs are almost maxed. I'm fine with storage between tunnel bag and handlebar bag. Definitely not as good as matryx. Seat is an inch too high but definitely more comfortable to sit on than a matryx. Seat is same height off the ground but cat tunnel is deeper. My daughter had temp Gauge full bars on soft groomed trail once, so i don't think they will be stellar on ice.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Which pays better tomorrow, demo or riding in IP?
Can’t decide if I wanna run up this wknd.

Premium Features