• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858 review from snow west or ?

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Is there any planned magazine test or reviews coming on the new m858’s that anyone know? Demo rides before end of order period. Non in West Canada tell after order period.

I’m a dealer in B.C and have a m6000 catalyst. So familiar with the great new chassis. But would be helpful for sales to have some new 858 reviews.
I know the snow situation is grim. So that does not help.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Is there any planned magazine test or reviews coming on the new m858’s that anyone know? Demo rides before end of order period. Non in West Canada tell after order period.

I’m a dealer in B.C and have a m6000 catalyst. So familiar with the great new chassis. But would be helpful for sales to have some new 858 reviews.
I know the snow situation is grim. So that does not help.
There's going to be a demo event in Island Park on February 24th that I'm sure some Snowest Forum members will try to get to. I was planning to attend, but I have a funeral in Eastern Montana that day now.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
The 858 will be better than the 600 with a lower COG and 35 percent more power. I know you need to ride one to really feel what it is you're buying. The demo rides are a moot point for sales in western Canada being after the ordering closes. To help with sales letting folks demo the 600 is probably your best bet, at least people will get a feel for the chassis light weight and handling. Even in crappy conditions I would have 600 demo's they all handle good and easy in 3 ft of snow it's when the conditions are tough is when the new chassis should shine. A guy getting off a 850 or turbo will never be impressed in 3 ft of powder getting on the 600 but they maybe more impressed when the sled is easier to handle on hard snow than their 850 or turbo. Hope this helps you out I know it has been a crap year for sledding so far but there is still hope for some spring dumps!

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Yes the 600 does give people a good take on the chassis and handling, if we only had some decent snow that people actually wanted to get out and ride in. Wave one of ordering is over. Wave 2 starts Feb 13th to March 05. So no the spring guarantee is not over for the year.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yes the 600 does give people a good take on the chassis and handling, if we only had some decent snow that people actually wanted to get out and ride in. Wave one of ordering is over. Wave 2 starts Feb 13th to March 05. So no the spring guarantee is not over for the year.
Nobody knows whether you are guaranteed anything on the next go. Seems dumb to do a demo on the 24th and there is a possibility you can't get one. They said the first one was to guarantee dealers faithful or loyal customers one. Who knows what that means from Here on out. Maybe people can get them but some choices limited or sold out such as g8 guage. Who knows.
Anyone worried about not demoing one, the 600 catalyst is night and day better than what they had and the 858 won't change the handling if its 3 pounds lighter. Even if it's the same. The motor is supposed to sit 3/4 of an inch lower, so if anything, it will be better. If you already liked their 800 the 858 should be noticeably better or that would be a complete flop on their part. Whether it's a 9r killer is yet to be seen. There are people who don't like first year stuff but you are not getting any younger. Why spend your life waiting.

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
I'm with Terry on this one. There's enough positive reviews on the chassis, and even Arctic Cat's worst motors were pretty reliable. I wouldn't take the risk with a Poo or even a Doo, but someone has to try the first year. I'll be your huckleberry

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Mav Walker would be the best to chat with at this point. He's in Eastern Wa and has been shredding the 858. He just posted some rad videos on his instagram. I know that ain’t a SW review, but…

Premium Features