• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858 Demo

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
ugh if they keep putting the dash controls on the handlebars like a motorcycle I am going to drop a nuke on AC headquarters

Ya know, when I had my Cat I was on the fence about this. I don’t have it anymore and my current sled has the heater and lights on the console-in my lap or someplace down there when I’m standing up. Very difficult to adjust on the fly. On the bars, it’s an easy touch. I don’t mind on the bars now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Why would you NOT want the ability to adjust suspension on the fly? What better way to instantly get a feel for the adjustments made?
I love my PIDD, but I hate having to slow and take my eyes off of what's ahead to toggle to a different screen. Hoping the garmin can be navigated by thumb from the bars!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Hoping the garmin can be navigated by thumb from the bars!
It does. You can switch screens with the controls on the bar (same button used to adjust the screen on the current ascender gauge) or touch screen. The same button that changes the screen also changes the shock setting. I struggled with that a bit on the demo. I will have to spend sometime reading the manual and learning the function. Should be pretty simple once you figure it out.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Controls on bars are still the way to go. I like keeping in control and being able to shut off or turn on handwarmers without removing hands from bars is a plus for me. Same with headlight control, putting dimmer switch on console is like having the old foot switch in a 75 Chevy. Toggling the guage function is another bonus. Kinda like steering wheel controls in a car. You want to move those functions back to a dash?

R
Feb 26, 2008
A little trivia, poo was the first to do that and then Doo did it. Cat don't do it, they are cheap garbage switches that you have to either stop of take your hand off the bar depending on saddle time. I won't stop to flick a cheap ass toggle/rocker switch :)
You want to dial into something talk about these clutches. Even the latest and greatest is nothing but old school drag clutches.
Look up Cats badass WildCat and look at those clutches. Now that is one smooth SOB, you want throttle response smooth as silk and those aren't no freight haulers :)
All of the 3 manufactures use those clutches in bigger and smaller applications, the R&D for performance sled clutches must be bar drinking drag racing buddies :)View attachment 417006
No idea what youre talking about as Cat hasnt used those on a Wildcat in over 10 years. And the model they used that POS on only had 80 hp and was slow as all get out.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
On something like my old proclimb there's no headlight anymore and the grip heaters just have hi, lo, and off. in that case I think it makes more sense to put those rocker switches on the dash and get rid of the bulky handlebar unit. On my Ascender that has a more refined switch cluster and more grip heater settings to toggle up or down on then I would rather keep it on the bars.

Seems annoying that the ATAC system would be on the same button as something else. Hopefully once you got the 2 personalized options set it might be easy to toggle through those if you left the button in that "mode" and just ran the gauge functions with the touch screen?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
No idea what youre talking about as Cat hasnt used those on a Wildcat in over 10 years. And the model they used that POS on only had 80 hp and was slow as all get out.
Not talking 10 years ago. If your a cat guy or even a poo or doo one would think you'd look into this option.
It's not like these flinging weight clutches have had recent failures at the expense of the owners.

I don't want to replace the damn primary:) it's a brand new machine but the erratic rpms after being on a machine that engages at 2850 makes it really hard to easy into the throttle.

Yesterday, who am I drag racing?
IMG_20240227_130800464.jpg

Last edited:
R
Feb 26, 2008
Not talking 10 years ago. If your a cat guy or even a poo or doo one would think you'd look into this option.
It's not like these flinging weight clutches have had recent failures at the expense of the owners.

I don't want to replace the damn primary:) it's a brand new machine but the erratic rpms after being on a machine that engages at 2850 makes it really hard to easy into the throttle.

Yesterday, who am I drag racing?
View attachment 417012
Yeah I still dont know what youre talking about. A Wildcat uses a Team or an Adapt.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
CVTech has clutches for many many application, they are so simple and so reliable that people refuse to see for themselves but if you ever take a machine like the 800 Suzuki fitted with one you'll know there is nothing you can do to these factory clutches that can beat them in riding conditions. It'll drill out of a hole and at the same time be smooth as silk, no hammering, hunting, surging.
You can actually pick up a clutch holding tool at cat country if that says anything
I know Polaris and Doo use them in different applications also.
These manufactures that use CVTechs keep it a closed conversation, why would it be beneficial to them.
You don't need a shop to sell you a kit for these. You'll even forget about even servicing it.

The conversation about demo rides got this going, pulls real hard, I would hope so but do they have to have a clutch that only sees a finish line :)

C
Nov 29, 2008
CVTech has clutches for many many application, they are so simple and so reliable that people refuse to see for themselves but if you ever take a machine like the 800 Suzuki fitted with one you'll know there is nothing you can do to these factory clutches that can beat them in riding conditions. It'll drill out of a hole and at the same time be smooth as silk, no hammering, hunting, surging.
You can actually pick up a clutch holding tool at cat country if that says anything
I know Polaris and Doo use them in different applications also.
These manufactures that use CVTechs keep it a closed conversation, why would it be beneficial to them.
You don't need a shop to sell you a kit for these. You'll even forget about even servicing it.

The conversation about demo rides got this going, pulls real hard, I would hope so but do they have to have a clutch that only sees a finish line :)
Have one ready to pop on my axys ...just waiting for decent snow to try it out...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
ugh if they keep putting the dash controls on the handlebars like a motorcycle I am going to drop a nuke on AC headquarters
I want them on the bars, just like my dirt bikes, who wants to fumble around looking for a switch on the dash

Last edited:
Premium Features