• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 vs 9R Shoot out

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I might of been a lil sauced. Hahaha! Just a lil playful banter. I just think it's funny when people try to save minimal weight with things like headlight deletes. That's the great thing about being an adult though. You can do whatever the hell you want as long as it makes you feel good!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah the matryx headlight is one of the heaviest of any sled I’ve owned. (Around 5 pounds)

It’s also furthest from the center of gravity on the sled.

Do everything all at once.

F

Funzy0798

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
Supposedly the khaos and pro rails are now (matryx vs axys) the same rail profile. Axys khaos rails were more tipped up than pro I believe. That could affect it some

C
Dec 14, 2020
Lol headlight delete he says. Let's just say out west we don't have lakes to race across. Our uphills are speckled with trees. If you're out west than **** a different track unless you're on team Polaris or Klim. The only **** worth it is actually riding it and determining the correct suspension setup.

You don't know who he is or where he lives, do you?

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Rode my 850 and 9R back to back for a day with a professional rider. Half a day on the 9R jumped on the 850 on the next stop I told the guy I was with the 850 runs better he agreed maybe just got a week 9R or a good 850.
Put the doo track on a 155 khaos boost made it more then a handful especially in semi setup snow added the pro limiter strap and it didn’t help much. Trying a 165 boost this year

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
....and if you have one that runs great, hang on to it! You can fork out a lot of money on the next one and just hold your ground....

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I think the 9r beats the brakes off an 850 when it comes to performance, but the increase in fuel consumption on the 9r is ridiculous and is a major issue for where I ride. It easily burns 2-3 gallons more fuel in the same ride versus the 850.

C
Dec 14, 2020
I think the 9r beats the brakes off an 850 when it comes to performance, but the increase in fuel consumption on the 9r is ridiculous and is a major issue for where I ride. It easily burns 2-3 gallons more fuel in the same ride versus the 850.

It takes fuel to make horsepower

Premium Features