• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Boost Max Detonation at 55°F

HunterMcC1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 6, 2011
Girdwood, AK
this being my first sled with a turbo I’m hoping someone can help guide me on spring riding… I ride at sea level to 3000’ in AK and have run a gallon of 100LL to every 4 gallons of premium (90) in my sled since it was out of break-in mode… I’ve never seen the “Max-detonation” code thrown until a week ago when I was out riding and it warmed up to 55°F… ran great for 4 hours and then mid afternoon every time I hit the fun switch the “Max-detonation” code was thrown and I’d end up turning off my sled to reset… fuel was 25% in the tank at this point… do I need to run more AVGAS in the spring or does the sled need a trip to the dealer for a bigger problem?? Sled was purchased new this last Feb and has 800 miles on it Thanks ??

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They definately struggle with det in the super warm weather. Thr '23 mapping is already pretty touchy and they heat soak so easily its very noticeable. I was doing some riding in similar if not warmer weather in late may and the same fuel mix I was used to having no issues with was detonating again. when its cold i only ever see det codes after auper long hard pulls at low speed. In super warm weather pretty much any attemprt at real consistently riding causes issues.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
With the 23 or 22 with 23 map, 0-4000' and blow 0 degrees C, 25% av gas mixed with 91 was working.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The Boost is on the ragged edge of det all the time. It constantly makes corrections until it can’t.
Fuel and intake temps are an issue.

Premium Features