• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 skidoo

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Been looking at the Lynx BoonDocker DS and it does appear to address some of the big ticket items that I have with the Summit. Seems to not be a consistent feel to the people that have seat time on being able to put it on edge. Some say more effort and some say less effort but both agree that once on edge there is less of a weeble wobble and can hold the line better once you get it there. I wouldn't have to mess with the skid going this route, narrower running boards and less plastics around the tank are also a plus in my mind.
I'm not a very good rider, but I can't say I notice any diff in putting my Lynx 4100 on edge vs my 2014 summit. Not been in crap snow yet really though. I def like my lynx better so far though. So did my friend. Lynx does feel more stable to me overall though.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Haven’t heard anything yet on chassis, but our local doo ambassador has been taking quite a few new motors from our dealer for testing and has been blowing a lot of them. Doesn’t sound too promising but at least they are dealing with problem now and not after there release.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
IMO weight is going to be a huuuuge factor in deciding which chassis I decide to run next year. This is season #2 with the 2021 850T 165, and it is without a doubt the heaviest on the hill between all ~165 2 stroke chassis I ride with, including aftermarket boosts.
If Ski Doo doesn't find a way to save 30+ lbs for 2023 there's no doubt I'll be moving over to a BOOST. It's outrageous that 2 guys can barely lift one of these in a pickup bed, and that I'd have to spend 3K or more for any meaningful weight savings. Throwing around that extra weight all day like @christopher said really does add up to end of the day exhaustion, and when you ride multiple days in a row it compounds. Also helps BOOST is running higher HP out of the gate.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
IMO weight is going to be a huuuuge factor in deciding which chassis I decide to run next year. This is season #2 with the 2021 850T 165, and it is without a doubt the heaviest on the hill between all ~165 2 stroke chassis I ride with, including aftermarket boosts.
If Ski Doo doesn't find a way to save 30+ lbs for 2023 there's no doubt I'll be moving over to a BOOST. It's outrageous that 2 guys can barely lift one of these in a pickup bed, and that I'd have to spend 3K or more for any meaningful weight savings. Throwing around that extra weight all day like @christopher said really does add up to end of the day exhaustion, and when you ride multiple days in a row it compounds. Also helps BOOST is running higher HP out of the gate.

Power to weight ratio doesn’t over come the base weight. My last Yami has 275hp, and all the power in the world never made me one bit less tired at the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Power to weight ratio doesn’t over come the base weight. My last Yami has 275hp, and all the power in the world never made me one bit less tired at the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. The tighter and steeper the terrain, the less weight you want to throw around all day.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
My hope which I think is somewhat realistic would be a taller and narrower chassis that's an evolution of the G4 chassis. I don't expect a ground-up completely new concept. I'm surprised to hear that one of the test riders is having engine problems, I would have expected a carryover of the existing 850/Turbo. Developing a new engine and a new chassis in parallel is a lot of engineering design/validation work to take on, especially right now. I'm not surprised to see a new generation in the middle of the existing parts shortages. In some cases the parts shortages might drive OEMs to develop new relationships with new suppliers that aren't constrained. It doesn't make sense to develop old parts with new suppliers so it's time for the next gen.

My wish list for changes:
Taller front spindles, maybe raiding the parts bin for the 600RS spindles on the mountain sleds (better deep snow clearance and shifting the COG higher to lay on edge easier)
Taller rear suspension to match the front, I don't really care about T-mo one way or the other, the riding deficiencies are mostly the rider
34" ski width
Keep the tunnel/track width
Narrower plastics and matching boards
More integrated surfacing between the skid plate, bottom of chassis, and running boards for better performance in deep snow; float better, hold an edge better, and push snow under the track for better traction and faster turns
Return of built in storage
Optional upgraded shock package from the factory
Optional gauge package that includes integrated GPS
High Performance boost cal for the Turbo

Premium Features