• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 hardcore suspension

R
Dec 20, 2017
Hi, I just received my 2022 hardcore coil suspension, my previous was a 2018 with float shocks. I’m a 250lbs rider before gear just wondering on set-up tips for the coils. I see lots of adds for the stingray fts coil, I think the hard core comes with the dual rate but worried if that is enough or not. I’m a intermediate rider with jumps and drops so it does see a little air time

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
With your weight I would recommend upgrading the springs for sure. I haven't run coils for a long time but I'm about your size and like to get after it and the stock suspension usually doesn't cut it for bigger guys.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
Getting your shocks tuned (valved) for your weight and riding style can help tremendously.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
Where is a good reliable place preferably Canada

BigSkyRider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 17, 2011
MT
Unfortunately, I was not impressed with the HC shocks. Unless something changed between the 22 demo sleds and production, I'm going with the new Fox QS3R's. The stock HC shocks were super harsh. Re-valving would help but I really like the bypass groves on the bodies of the new QS3r's. Especially in the front. Cats have like 3 inches less vertical ski travel than the other OEM's. They need a really good shock to make up for this.

TracSnake10

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2017
Who sells the qs3r for the arctic cats. I have a hard time finding them listed online

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Who sells the qs3r for the arctic cats. I have a hard time finding them listed online
Looks like Ice Age lists them: https://iceageperformance.com/fox1-5qs3-cat.html I don't know if they get theirs with special valving for the Elevate kits or if that is how Fox is supplying them all.
I also deal with Carver Performance for my Fox parts. They can probably get you a set too. Their website isn't the easiest to navigate so calling would probably be best.

Premium Features