• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 alpha with a dead throttle

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
My 2019 has been flawless. Last ride a couple of times thru the day,
Would start and idle okay, but stumble badly when adding throttle.
Then magically good to go. Deadman switch??
Anyone else with thoughts
Note we were in some great snow.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Try disconnecting the TSS ( throttle safety switch) it is located on the PTO side right above your antifreeze bottle. It is a grey female plug.
This doesn't effect how the sled will preform, and is a known issue. It is a safety system when Ice forms in the throttle bodies and kills the motor when the throttle s applied - they (the TSS) seem to go bad.
Always ride with your tether on!!

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
Try disconnecting the TSS ( throttle safety switch) it is located on the PTO side right above your antifreeze bottle. It is a grey female plug.
This doesn't effect how the sled will preform, and is a known issue. It is a safety system when Ice forms in the throttle bodies and kills the motor when the throttle s applied - they (the TSS) seem to go bad.
I think you nailed it . Thank you

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
This doesn't effect how the sled will preform, and is a known issue. It is a safety system when Ice forms in the throttle Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox bodies and kills the motor when the throttle s applied - they (the TSS) seem to go bad.
this is what I really needed to do for mine

Premium Features