• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Rumors

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
I know what I wanna see.
A 3 stroke m1700 running a 3.5" Camo Sextreme 191".
18" secondary and a 16 post primary running a 086 belt (you know the carbon fiber laced kevlar rubberanium that automatically adjusts for elevation and deflection). Diamond drive will also release their new double D case... its comes stock with diamond coated gears and unobtanium bearings. The muffler's gonna have the same bearing too, to aid in the interchangability of parts. The windsheild technology is also going off! Invisible clear plastic. But handguards are already on backorder. Ummm what else? You'll have your choice of a DC wired sled or an AC wired sled, whatever your preference, whatever you're used to I guess. Actually I also heard, you can have it al built metric or imperial, but at an added cost of course. They always get us with the fine print. New style handle bars are crash sensing and will automatically lose their tensile strength when an impact is sensed. Much R&D has gone into these bars and will likely make them standard on all models. And all with a 9 year warranty. Did I miss anything?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I would be happy if they would just come out with a 480lb M1000. Rumor is skidoo will have a 1000xp the weighs 479. I know the XP has had it's problems but I know cat could come out with a lighter 1000.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
id like to see a reliable snowmobile haha. if its gonna weigh 450lbs and not be reliable ill just stick with my 07 m8.

C
Dec 3, 2007
I know what I wanna see.
18" secondary and a 16 post primary running a 086 belt (you know the carbon fiber laced kevlar rubberanium that automatically adjusts for elevation and deflection). Diamond drive will also release their new double D case... its comes stock with diamond coated gears and unobtanium bearings. The muffler's gonna have the same bearing too, to aid in the interchangability of parts. The windsheild technology is also going off! Invisible clear plastic. But handguards are already on backorder. Ummm what else? You'll have your choice of a DC wired sled or an AC wired sled, whatever your preference, whatever you're used to I guess. Actually I also heard, you can have it al built metric or imperial, but at an added cost of course. They always get us with the fine print. New style handle bars are crash sensing and will automatically lose their tensile strength when an impact is sensed. Much R&D has gone into these bars and will likely make them standard on all models. And all with a 9 year warranty. Did I miss anything?

That's just too good! Sign you up for the creative writing award. Don't forget the afterburning exhaust to increase the thrust vector...

K

katmanduex

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
/Same motor ( lay-down design, 800 & 1ooo ) different chassis, new ecu program, 800 cc 152 hp from the factory in new chassis weighing in at less than 455# dry, 4 smoke for trail users w/ factory turbo, 850 cc, 135 hp, heavy, but reliable and more to come from 4-smoke tech within 3 yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Been ready for a 4 weight 4-stroke since the YZF launch. Would love a pure off road mountain sled without any fluff. Much like a moto-cross bike, no headlight, no tailight, no key, no speedo, etc, nothing that adds weight without contributing to performance. Non-highway legal would eliminate the need to license and insure as well.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i hope they leave the heavy 4 stroke crap for the yami boys, us a/c guys are a little too smart to buy a 10k+ sled and then have to put another 10k into it to make it preform. you guys ever look at the yami section, those turbos they say are soooooo reliable blow right and left. if you ask me turbos are for guys who don't have anything better to do with thier money, i'd rather have two 2 smokes and have a great time than spend all my money on one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

sledbilly

Apr 9, 2007
I know what I wanna see.

good one.

how 'bout a heated seat

and accessory plugs for every elec mod under the sun

D

DDD

Nov 27, 2007
North East Saskatchewan Canada
Would like to see the new snopro chassis for 2009 with a 800cc or 1000cc motors.
How about a factory turbod 4 stoke for the mountains?
Arcticcat dealer show is about a month away, sooner than normal.
somebody must have some insde info.

Premium Features