• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any more info on AC5S?

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Any more info on the new AC5S shocks? The rumors make it sound like its a copy of a QS3 with a 5 position clicker? The prerelease stuff makes it look like the snow pro package gets these and the Mountain Cat gets air shocks either a float QS3 or the ATAC.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
My understanding they are Fox engineered, Cat branded shocks with 5 dampening positions.

ATAC is only going to add $200 to the build cost, think I'm going to have to get it!

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Just got off phone with dealer, he ran down $. With adding a G8 gauge to a snopro it didn’t make sense $ wise. Would have preferred the snowpro green or just all black. But option and $ wise made sense to go mountain cat.

Chose the ATAC. Will see if I like and use the option. I mean Chris B likes en and sells em so they must be good lol the air shocks will be a new thing for me to mess up the adjustment on too lol

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
The ACS5 is supposed to be built by the same shock supplier that has built there base shocks for them. The prototype m 600’s I rode in island park last spring had a set on them. Didn’t pay attention much because I was too excited with the chassis. The base shocks are way too soft. Todd Tupper was there and said similar valving as the Fox QS3’s, just a real stiff setting on top and a way soft down low. The rear track shock has lock out also. I wish Cat would offer all the shocks on all the colors, that black sleds is hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Are the ac5s shocks serviceable?
it sounds like they are being made by the same company that makes/made the IFP shocks that have been offered on the base model arctic cat sleds for the past few years. those IFP shocks are serviceable, so it is expected that the ac5s will be as well.

Premium Features