• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Rumors

D
Apr 24, 2023
Boise, ID
I keep hearing rumors of a 9r boost, thoughts? Especially after the continued Stop Ride Recalls, does anyone think they'll actually release one next year? Or ever? Any other rumors on changes/upgrades or fixes?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

D
Apr 24, 2023
Boise, ID
Nope, they have enough recalls to keep going through 2028 at least.
If not longer. It really is getting frustrating; however, I just think they jump the gun on putting them out, due to the deaths they had in the Rzrs a few years back, for liabilitys sake. I've seen more issues with the skidonts I ride with, than any of the Polaris.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I keep hearing rumors of a 9r boost, thoughts? Especially after the continued Stop Ride Recalls, does anyone think they'll actually release one next year? Or ever? Any other rumors on changes/upgrades or fixes?

I believe a 900 turbo makes a lot of sense. Even if Polaris de-tuned it to only have the same power as the current 850 Boost. Think about the downsides of the current turbo. Heavier and lower power at low rpm's due to low compression and heavy clutch weights. How is this best overcome? Add more torque and lighter crank with a 900. This combo will compete better with the long stroke that Ski-Doo uses. Turning up the power in the coming years will be much easier than with the 850 Boost too. Downside is I won't be able to afford it.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I believe a 900 turbo makes a lot of sense. Even if Polaris de-tuned it to only have the same power as the current 850 Boost. Think about the downsides of the current turbo. Heavier and lower power at low rpm's due to low compression and heavy clutch weights. How is this best overcome? Add more torque and lighter crank with a 900. This combo will compete better with the long stroke that Ski-Doo uses. Turning up the power in the coming years will be much easier than with the 850 Boost too. Downside is I won't be able to afford it.

Polaris purposely made the 850 crank heavy to handle the added stress of boost. I am not sure the lighweight 9R crank would have the same reliability.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It’s Polaris. Let’s lower our ask. I’d prefer a clutch that doesn’t belong in a trash can, that is designed properly and not made in China, doesn’t explode and whiz by helmets, and is actually machined correctly. Unlike Chilly, I’m too poor and too busy to purchase OoT P-85’s or go reinvent the wheel with aftermarket. Biden and Inslee need to eat too.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Polaris purposely made the 850 crank heavy to handle the added stress of boost. I am not sure the lighweight 9R crank would have the same reliability.
They are running the 900 turbo's already but I don't know which crank they decided to use. It is pistons that were failing in the early 900T testing.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Im wondering how much longer the industry will sustain itself.
To many liberals that have no interest in these hobbies and anything to do with the suck, squeeze, bang cycle engines we all love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N
Jul 23, 2008
Heh. Lots of liberals in my small town. Plenty with sleds and motos in their garages and pickups. There are many reasons for declining access and/or interest but boiling it down to political affiliation is a lazy argument.

Conservatives assuming liberals don't enjoy powersports is the same type of bogus assumption liberals make about conservatives not liking electric vehicles. Technology rules and most people enjoying going fast. Some don't like the parts that come with the traditional methods (noise, smell)...until they go for a ride.

Premium Features