• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 STROKE BOOSTED SLEDS

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
had a buddy see a boosted M8 at LL on Sat that flat out ripped in deep,deep pow
made all the rest n/a sleds look like short tracks!!!!

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
keep the comments coming guys/gals,theres got to be more interest out there
and more sleds with boost.Tell your story on the ups and downs for the wannabes that haven' taken the first step into 50-100 hp increase.I bet it is addictive as hell,one ride and you're hook for life!!!!:wine::beer;:beer;

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Has anyone try a turbo on a 600 carb would like to try it out someday,using pumped gas.

I have a IQ 600RMK carb. Aero boost 12-14lbs full race 112. Scares the crap outta me and I love every minute. Easy to tune on the fly with no tools needed, well I take that back, you need a spark plug wrench to check it.
My friend has an XP BB860 and I can pull away from him pretty good, that is until I run out of nuts and he decides to go vertical with his while I watch at the bottom.

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
I have a IQ 600RMK carb. Aero boost 12-14lbs full race 112. Scares the crap outta me and I love every minute. Easy to tune on the fly with no tools needed, well I take that back, you need a spark plug wrench to check it.
My friend has an XP BB860 and I can pull away from him pretty good, that is until I run out of nuts and he decides to go vertical with his while I watch at the bottom.

LOL what watch, If you can pull away why not race to the top.That sounds awesome.The only thing is that i only have 87 pumped gas at the station here. Probably would need to but some kersoine or blazo in my gas huh.To pump it up a lil

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
LOL what watch, If you can pull away why not race to the top.That sounds awesome.The only thing is that i only have 87 pumped gas at the station here. Probably would need to but some kersoine or blazo in my gas huh.To pump it up a lil

Welllll.....I'm still wearing my training panties. Don't want to get too crazy. I don't have the skills to back the power.

A

akhammer

Nov 26, 2007
anchorage, AK/ SLC Utah
About the same as listed above, if you use an 11:1 head or somewhere close to that, you can get 4-6 psi on pump depending on ignition timing and what size turbo, and around 8-10 psi on 100LL Avgas. All of this assuming you are an experienced tuner and using a wideband, preferrably in combination with EGT's, and checking piston wash often. Honestly the pump gas turbo idea should be saved for the 4-strokes as far as sea level is concered, 2-strokes just move too much air and use too high of compression, deto is a big problem even with evap cooling or intercooling.

I agree. Strokes just go BOOM under boost. Chad you should know that. :)

W

wpnyturbo

Oct 15, 2009
keep the comments coming guys/gals,theres got to be more interest out there
and more sleds with boost.Tell your story on the ups and downs for the wannabes that haven' taken the first step into 50-100 hp increase.I bet it is addictive as hell,one ride and you're hook for life!!!!:wine::beer;:beer;

i rode a apex last year with a impulse turbo just one time at valdez the weekend of the hill climbs all summer long all i could think about was the power then a buddy said he was putting one on his nytro so then i had to buy a nytro with impulse turbo buddy installed it and i absoulutely love it don't think i coulld ever ride a sled with out a turbo again.

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
fuel problem

attitude box. should have it fixed soon. rumors of a 174x16x3 t-cat that will be bad and hope my one size over m1000 should pull good! find out thursday.:bounce:

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
i totally love my turboed d7, gonna have mag show me the secret to tunning the thing but other than that i love it,

Premium Features