• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo rx 1 cutting when first hitting 20psi on take off

Hey guys. Having an issue with my turbo rx1. When taking off from a stop. Using the two step or just taking off normal . as soon as the sled hits 20psi at about 9k rpm’s it pops and cuts out for a second then comes back into boost and is fine the rest of the run. Also when letting off after a pull the sled cuts out bad and runs rough until im back into boost or let it come to a stop then it runs good again. I am running a boondocker intercooler with a gt3071. Jetting is 27 pilots, 155 mains. It also has an msd mc4. 10:1 compression with rods and pistons. Ive tried going up in pilot from a 17.5 to the 27 and had no change. I’ve also tried putting a jet in the pitot tube and it made it so lean it wouldnt run. Currently have no jet in the tube and it seems to run the best. Any help would be great.

IMG_5812.jpeg IMG_5858.jpeg

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Sounds like too rich/lean when transitioning circuits in carburetor. Have you tried richer or leaner main jets? Maybe needs a different needle taper. Nice sled BTW.

Premium Features