• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 rumors

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Ok it's that time of year. I'm surprised this hasn't already been asked by now. Has anybody heard anything about the 16s yet? Less than two months from expo, somebody has to know something!!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
In the auto world, they put on shows to display exciting new models a year or two ahead. Sometimes concept vehicles displayed show what might be in store 5 to 10 yrs from now to keep the juices flowing.
Seems to be a successful model to get and keep new buyers excited and current owners planning, yet, with sleds we start our own rumours usually.
Why the secrets? Always made me wonder.

In this day and age, no info from an OEM isn't to protect innovation or ideas. Patents take care of that and are public info. An OEM just needs to hire a couple of North Koreans to know a few years ahead what a competitor is planning or testing.
I wonder if they just get together once a year and divvy up the carrots they wish to offer. Saves on advertising costs and saves on wasted R and D costs.

From a buyers point of view, the old snow check spring show intros used with sleds, seems to focus on "spur of the moment" purchase. See 'em, think about it a bit and read all the mag reviews lol and plunk down a deposit in the next 4 weeks or the deal is gone lol.
I've done that plenty of times. Felt stupid sometimes too lol but, you know, the passion thing.
Easy to deposit 500 bucks and save during the summer to pay it off. Sometimes I've been totally satisfied with what came out of the crate, sometimes I've been a bit disappointed but there's always next year.
With those past experiences and the prices getting up to the price of a small car, the current intro model used by sled OEM's does nothing for me anymore. I take the wait and see approach now.
I'd like to see a different way to intro new models just so I don't feel like a donkey. I think purchasers in general today spend much more time trying to know as much as they can about their cash outlay. The model is out there to follow if the sled OEM's want to give us the opportunity to be totally informed and satisfied customers.

From reading plenty of rumour threads in the past, my prediction. If we start and continue the rumours to the intro day, it's a BNG year.
If the OEM starts the rumours, leak a few pics, spend some money on blacked out vids and actually get a demo tour going, there is something to get excited about.

Last edited:

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Well, considering all four have pretty good solid sleds, I don't think we'll see anything earth shattering. Cat has a good solid sled and will continue to "fine tune" as 2016 is probably their last year with current chassis. Doo will fine tune what seems to be a hit in the T3 chassis. They already have a very good motor and just need some BNG's and fine tune the chassis. Poo could very well come out with an AXYS Pro Rmk as 2015 is the 5th year of a standard chassis run. However, I think 2017 will be the year Poo comes out with something new. Yami fans I think will see some fine tuning to the Viper and hopefully see fixes to the roll over valve issue, ski's and running boards. As someone put it, we have the best sleds ever produced, now's a good time to fine tune them. Of course these are only my predictions as I have absolutely no insider info. Just my hunch after being around sleds for over forty years. Good things to come I'm sure.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Anything new will detour people from buying the abundance of of cheap new hold over inventory....and if I'm not mistaken Polaris continues to have allot of hold over sleds available...Good you the buyer :face-icon-small-hap

DPG

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
My prediction is that Ski Doo will continue to be the #1 sled for guys who buy a lot of stick-on chrome for their trucks. Polaris may or may not come out with something cool. And the Cat R&D department will pair with the Yamaha R&D department to come out with the exact same thing as this year.

You heard it here first.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I think Polaris will have someting new, new motor and new chassis.

We were just in Alpine WY. last weekend and the Polaris truck was there as well. The one morning we came pulling in and there were some interesting all black long track sleds leaving the area that were not wanting to stick around and talk.

I've also heard from another source, change is coming and you'll be happy!!

So again, 2016 I think will bring something new from Polaris. With that said, I'll be snow checking a 2017 for sure.

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Why wait- Feb slim track racing is near

Obvious: Polaris will release the 1st OEM KTP 850ccxrt factory racer snobike
with strategic combined dirt /snow racer sponsor bling special build- .
Call it a 15.5 and offer public snow checker orders for 20sicksteen.

will post exclusive sneaky cell phone underwearing models promo shoots
Friday 3:38 am on SW so be 3201-2-3 to post thumb up/down and be one of 3 lucky to win
a prototype ride demo in well June, because its a bike too!

of course phot's will be delete pulled within 45 minutes or less, so..

Premium Features