• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When snowboarders tell u to stay out of THEIR shot!

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Thought I would share with you something that happens occasionally when sledding.

Last weekend, I dropped into one of my hidden honey holes and found a couple of boarders there. Place has some huge pillows and these guys had made a big jump off one of them. As I worked my way through them, I was stopped by one of them and asked if I would turn around as to not mark up the terrain for the shot they were FILMING.

Told them I would be to the left of their run (out of shot) but most certainly would be hitting the sweet chute that I came for. I don't know if they were happy about that or not but I tried to compromise.

My take- I've been hitting this spot for 25 years and I was already there. The National Forest is there for everyone to enjoy, no one gets dibs on it more than the next guy. You want the place to yourself, get there earlier!

Last edited:
J
Jan 1, 2023
Brackendale
Hahaha I feel your pain buddy. We go through it all the time. Skiers and boarders ask us to stay off whole zones as they are working their way to it filming and most times they are not polite about it. If I see them hitting a certain zone I stay away but as for the untracked zones they are going to hit later…. SORRY budz first come first serve. ???

wyobob44

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2005
Sundance, WY
1 other thing to ask them, do they have their permit from the Forest Service for what they are filming, cause the FS does want their money for any filming done on National Forest
that will usually shut them up, cause they don’t want a FS LEO coming and asking questoons

Premium Features