• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

146 RMK

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Good news in this front, I was able to order the following :

Model Selected:S22TLG8RS 2022 850 RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 146
SnowCheck Options:​
Windshield:​
0118412​
Low Windshield​
Convenience Package:​
0118534​
Manual Start - Low Elevation Clutching​
Handlebar and Display:​
0118647​
Pro-Taper Handlebar - Low,Std Gauge​
Tunnel:​
0118854​
Raw Tunnel​
Track:​
0118859​
15 X 146 X 2.6 Series 6 Track w/ QuickDrive​
Rail and Shocks:​
0118864​
Raw Rail,Walker Evans Velocity Hi-Lo​
Color:​
0118871​
GlossBlack/MatteTitanium​

Why raw tunnel?

Dec 28, 2009
"I think you can't beat a 155 as a daily driver. I've barely touched my 146 this year, the 155 is so much more capable."
-CK

I wish he didn't say that.
I live in the flat lands of Northern Ontario.

Guys ride a 155 here and conquer everything first shot, always looking for a harder riskier line. I ride a 146 to handycap myself in order to have a challenge and fun with the terrain available to me.

Also going through the dense, tight northern bush is way easier on a 146, as riding all the trail. Setup snow is also funner on a 146 as you get more wheelie action.

Obviously my opinion, but I feel a 146 is all about giving yourself a handcap to make the 'easy' lines fun and challenging or big air jumping it seems, Hope this helps.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Draper
Good news in this front, I was able to order the following :

Model Selected:S22TLG8RS 2022 850 RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 146

SnowCheck Options:​
Windshield:​
0118412​
Low Windshield​
Convenience Package:​
0118534​
Manual Start - Low Elevation Clutching​
Handlebar and Display:​
0118647​
Pro-Taper Handlebar - Low,Std Gauge​
Tunnel:​
0118854​
Raw Tunnel​
Track:​
0118859​
15 X 146 X 2.6 Series 6 Track w/ QuickDrive​
Rail and Shocks:​
0118864​
Raw Rail,Walker Evans Velocity Hi-Lo​
Color:​
0118871​
GlossBlack/MatteTitanium​

This is now the exact sled I want as my "2nd" sled. Give it to the wife, the teenagers or whoever you bring along as they learn how to ride and they aren't as heavy as I am. And then, also have it around as a playful little son of a gun to stunt on all day when the snow isn't deep and fresh.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Pro Drivers (Pre Belt Drive) have 8 tooth center drive sprockets if you can get ahold of one.

They do have way better anti ratcheting capabilities and added inherent lower drive ratio. But do take a bit of finesse to install because of the bigger circumference. And on a Pro model this isn't as big of a deal as a Assault/Khaos because of the longer rails.
If the driver is Pre 13 it will have a shaft sticking out the clutch side that is used for the speedo it will not effect anything but cut it off if you want.

Premium Features