• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

146 RMK

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Good news in this front, I was able to order the following :

Model Selected:S22TLG8RS 2022 850 RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 146
SnowCheck Options:​
Windshield:​
0118412​
Low Windshield​
Convenience Package:​
0118534​
Manual Start - Low Elevation Clutching​
Handlebar and Display:​
0118647​
Pro-Taper Handlebar - Low,Std Gauge​
Tunnel:​
0118854​
Raw Tunnel​
Track:​
0118859​
15 X 146 X 2.6 Series 6 Track w/ QuickDrive​
Rail and Shocks:​
0118864​
Raw Rail,Walker Evans Velocity Hi-Lo​
Color:​
0118871​
GlossBlack/MatteTitanium​

Why raw tunnel?

S
Dec 28, 2009
"I think you can't beat a 155 as a daily driver. I've barely touched my 146 this year, the 155 is so much more capable."
-CK

I wish he didn't say that.
I live in the flat lands of Northern Ontario.

Guys ride a 155 here and conquer everything first shot, always looking for a harder riskier line. I ride a 146 to handycap myself in order to have a challenge and fun with the terrain available to me.

Also going through the dense, tight northern bush is way easier on a 146, as riding all the trail. Setup snow is also funner on a 146 as you get more wheelie action.

Obviously my opinion, but I feel a 146 is all about giving yourself a handcap to make the 'easy' lines fun and challenging or big air jumping it seems, Hope this helps.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Good news in this front, I was able to order the following :

Model Selected:S22TLG8RS 2022 850 RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 146

SnowCheck Options:​
Windshield:​
0118412​
Low Windshield​
Convenience Package:​
0118534​
Manual Start - Low Elevation Clutching​
Handlebar and Display:​
0118647​
Pro-Taper Handlebar - Low,Std Gauge​
Tunnel:​
0118854​
Raw Tunnel​
Track:​
0118859​
15 X 146 X 2.6 Series 6 Track w/ QuickDrive​
Rail and Shocks:​
0118864​
Raw Rail,Walker Evans Velocity Hi-Lo​
Color:​
0118871​
GlossBlack/MatteTitanium​

This is now the exact sled I want as my "2nd" sled. Give it to the wife, the teenagers or whoever you bring along as they learn how to ride and they aren't as heavy as I am. And then, also have it around as a playful little son of a gun to stunt on all day when the snow isn't deep and fresh.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Pro Drivers (Pre Belt Drive) have 8 tooth center drive sprockets if you can get ahold of one.

They do have way better anti ratcheting capabilities and added inherent lower drive ratio. But do take a bit of finesse to install because of the bigger circumference. And on a Pro model this isn't as big of a deal as a Assault/Khaos because of the longer rails.
If the driver is Pre 13 it will have a shaft sticking out the clutch side that is used for the speedo it will not effect anything but cut it off if you want.

L
Jan 4, 2023
Wiscon
Well, after a weekend of test riding, jumping and about 1000 wheelies I have to say. The Axys RMK shortened to a 146 is a LOT of fun. This build was only to run for a few late season rides and see how I liked it. Definately putting the parts back on the shelf once the snow is gone and will be converting my 850 khaos to 146 by late march next year.

The build:
2018 Axys Pro 155
Pro QD pullies for geardown
TRS Clutching
Straightline Performance pipe/can
Elka stage 5 shocks all around

To shorten the sled I used:

IceAge performance bomber 146" rails w/ 8in wheels
Composit M66 146 2.6" track.

I had already chopped 5in off my tunnel this winter running a 156 3inch so the tail end was already plenty short. the 146 looks pretty perfect under it. If i were going to stay fulltime 146" I would have cut more off but the 5" cut is a good balance for running both.

This sled is stupid fun. The pipe/gearing/clutching combo comes out of the hole FAST. I can actually bunny hop the sled with a quick gas brake combo move. Its not a TON faster as its still a fairly tall lug track and 2 ply so similar weight as my 3in. BUT how it transfers weight is incredible. It is so cool to rally around on and 'jib' off just about anything. I ride it a lot more like how I would ride a dirtbike and a lot less like a snowmobile. It still climbs fairly well but definately will flip over quick if the snow is soft and allows you to trench in. Hopefully I'll have some photos and videos from this weekends adeventures to share.

For those wanting a 146 but dont want to go to the wide boards/laydown steeering/big seat etc of the Switchback assault model I can assure you building it off the RMK will make you a VERY happy camper.
What was the clutching set up you were running?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I joined team shawty last month with a 2018 800. Riding that thing motivates me to ride way more when the snow condenses.

2.5" camo extreme 146

This is the stock bumper in the pic while I waited for a BM fab handle Bryan sold me. I bought khaos rails and a longer front shock but after riding it a few days with a shorter/rmk geo front shock I'm not sure I want it LOL

shawty.jpg

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What was the clutching set up you were running?
@TRS

My comment on 146 rmk vs khaos. Thr issue I've found with rmk geometry is its designed to not transfer at all so while it wheelies because it's short thr skid doesn't really react usefully. Thr khaos geometry allows it to roll and pump back and forth and you can actually work the suspension a bit more. Still wheelies like he'll but makes it feel less like a 2x4

Premium Features