• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber boost valve

T
Feb 18, 2008
shelby mont.
I was getting detonation today so I tried to turn the boost down with the knob and no change no matter how far I turned it. 12 psi at all knob settings. Any idea why

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
I'm having same issue. 12 lbs at lowest setting. Weird. I guess you pop cir clip off of waste gate rod and spin the rod in and lock with nut?? Any luck with this?
I was bouncing off the rev limiter all day today. Lol!!

Last edited:
T
Feb 18, 2008
shelby mont.
I discovered that i had a couple turns left. It just turns really hard. Now at 7 psi. Also am now running 50/50 av and no detonation. Even at 7 psi I just kicked the shi- out of my buddies 800s. It is unbelievable how much of an advantage the silber turbo gives. We had 3 feet of powder and I still couldn't stick it. Silber paired with the 3 inch powerclaw is a match made in heaven!:face-icon-small-hap

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
what he said ^^
i wouldn't go twisting on the boost knob with pliers
loosen lock nut take the clip off and loosen(lengthen) the wastegate rod and try that
good luck

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Cool thanks guys. Ive lengthened the waste gate rod by 3-4 turns. It was as short as it could go. I should see a difference now I hope. And in theory, make the boost adjuster usable. Thx for the help!! gotta take her for a rip now!! This thing was a handful at 10-12 lbs of boost on the first ride. Geeze!! lol.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
so boost adjuster is all the way on the minus setting, and i ended up turning waste gate rod out about 5 complete turns, so you can see threads on rod, to achieve 7-8 lbs of boost. Really simple adjustment actually. just pop off c-clip on waste gate valve, loosen 10mm nut on rod and spin it out. What this does is lessen the pre tension on waste gate valve allowing it to open earlier. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features