• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost khaos suspension set up

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
I’ve got a 23 khaos boost 163 3” and I’m lookin for some input on front and rear suspension set up. First off, it feels heavy on the front end. Second, it trenches pretty good…first 3” track so maybe it’s the track….or is it skid set up? 3rd I love how playful it is but sometimes a guy wants to keep the front end down. I’m pretty ignorant to setting up a suspension but since I’ve got the fancy chit for once I may as well play with it. I got it late in the season so I haven’t put much time on the sled.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Tightening your rear track shock will help keep the front down somewhat. Since there isnt much adjustment on the fts, so you can only do so much.After market rear track shocks will give you more adjubility. Theres only so much you can do with the factory shocks. And that goes with the front as well. I have the fox coil front and rear and it makes a big difference. Just my opinion

C
Nov 29, 2008
Op is a bit disjointed ...front heavy but then asking how to keep front down?
Might need to clarify riding style a bit more ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Tightening your rear track shock will help keep the front down somewhat. Since there isnt much adjustment on the fts, so you can only do so much.After market rear track shocks will give you more adjubility. Theres only so much you can do with the factory shocks. And that goes with the front as well. I have the fox coil front and rear and it makes a big difference. Just my opinion
You realize The OP has velocity shocks per the title “Khaos”?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I like the trees and a little climbing.
Tighten low speed compression on rear track shock to tame the wheelie. (Or loosen it to go wild)

Tighten front track shock spring preload to help with heavy front end, (too much will trench)

Lose 20# off the front of your boost sled by spending cubic dollars. (Lighter wallet free bonus)

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
You realize The OP has velocity shocks per the title “Khaos”?
love how playful it is but sometimes a guy wants to keep the front end down. This is from the original post. I didn't write it. I love my khaos, but I also like how I can tame it down with aftermarket shocks, if I want to.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
love how playful it is but sometimes a guy wants to keep the front end down. This is from the original post. I didn't write it. I love my khaos, but I also like how I can tame it down more than you can with the Velocity shocks just my opinion

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeah I think with a 165 the velocities can tame it.

155 track and or over 200# = overpower the velocities.

I’m running coil QS3’s and a 155 300LX on my boost.

It still flips over on flat ground in lockout mode.

(But I’m 230#)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Low speed on the rear shock plays a big roll in how the sled plows into wheelies. On my 155 boost khaos it's fully stiff unless the snow is hard and I wanna just goof around.

Little preload on the FTS helps a lot. Also I think firming the ski shocks some helps hols the weight bias of the rider back. The boosts nose down really hard and the front sort of collapses ans the skis plow. Makes foe aome very crappy feeling riding. While the stiffer ski shocks can make for slightly heavier steering it helps yhis diving a lot.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 3” polaris track is going to trench a little more than the 2.6 or 2.75 Polaris tracks. My boost khaos with a 2.75 155 has a pretty good balance with playfulness and keeping front down when you need with setting up the shocks. Then traded out the 2.75 for the 300lx 3” track and it was a monster tree rider sled. The doo/Lynx/300lx is a much less trenching track than the Polaris 3”.

Premium Features