• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Silber had told me to run stock plugs at .020 as well. But graspi g strwas ive tried both and found no difference in the performance. But did notice the electrode stays cleaner with the bpr9eix. So that and the fact ive had good luck with iridiums on other high compression engines i stuck with the bpr9eix.

Last edited:
H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
Im running the EIX. I've had super good luck with them in other applications as well. I had a big bore high comp stroker 3 wheeler that would run right without them. They seem to resist fouling and last a long time. Just a better plug IMO but turbo may be different.

Last edited:
B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
This is my theory on this problem as well.. I also have a slight studder and it's only in heavy load situations when I am chopping the throttle hard... I also agree and believe that this is caused by the sled loading up on too much fuel, other than being annoying, it is quickly both cleared out and ridden around.. this only happens in the highest demand areas, it cannot be recreated for me on the trail, etc... I will continue to work with Boston Racing on this throughout the winter, see what we can come up with.

Have been quite impressed with the sled, as pull and go as the boondocker kits I have owned in the past. I also run decent amount of oil in the tank each ride to help with case lubrication. Sled is still limited by my ability and balls, not the sled which I will take every time.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bet its in the programming. Running a MNTK kit @ 11 lbs. on stock plugs the way they came with no problems. Never gapped them

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Does anyone have a buddy with mtntk kit to swap ecu and try mtntk tunning with silbers kit? Not saying it should work but might.

B
Nov 12, 2013
Well I had a ride today in Valemount. I pulled some weight in my clutch I have it set for around 7 pounds of boost. The sled ran awesome all day. Had the sputter a few times in and out of the throttle. But not very often. Very happy with my sled. The boost combined with the new z Bros coupler I just installed is unreal.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
what changes do think made any difference ?

and yes the Zbroz couple works great

glad your happy with the kit

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
Any updates or more info on this ? I've got a bog / stutter at full WOT pulls. I cant get more than 7-10 seconds with it to the bars. I can be hard in and out of it and be fine no bog there. Firm set up snow or deep it still does it. Doesn't feel like a clutching issue to me it. I have hit the rev limiter and this is different. It'll be in the meat and then stutter and cut out. Clean power valves, new exhaust donuts, checked about every thing I can think of. It will idle high (3200) when you stop sometimes after a good run. Sled is very ride-able and romps otherwise.

Silber clutching with 76 grams in the weights (red bolts and one thin washer in the tip) 5000ft ish.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Any updates or more info on this ? I've got a bog / stutter at full WOT pulls. I cant get more than 7-10 seconds with it to the bars. I can be hard in and out of it and be fine no bog there. Firm set up snow or deep it still does it. Doesn't feel like a clutching issue to me it. I have hit the rev limiter and this is different. It'll be in the meat and then stutter and cut out. Clean power valves, new exhaust donuts, checked about every thing I can think of. It will idle high (3200) when you stop sometimes after a good run. Sled is very ride-able and romps otherwise.

Silber clutching with 76 grams in the weights (red bolts and one thin washer in the tip) 5000ft ish.

High idle after stopping probably means your TPS needs to be adjusted down or you have an air leak causing it to run lean. When you hit the limiter it can shut the sled off just like you hit the kill switch because it trips the DET sensor and you could also have a TSS switch screwing things up.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

Is it actually a bog? If so and does so as you said above, I would be looking at reeds or boost/exhaust leak.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Also once the OEM EGT sensor goes it will cause a bad bog as well. If you have a friend willing to let you borrow theirs it is a quick check.

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
I'm not sure if its a "bog" in technical terms or a "stutter" once it starts it dosen't get better with throttle. I would usually just let out.

I will get the tps checked. Could that explain both high idle and wot issues? would make sense.

I pulled the reeds out and they looked pretty good. Very small, almost couldn't see it, corner chip on one reed. Only 200 miles before boost and now 100 or so more since boost. I thought reeds would give more of a mid range issue than WOT?

Checked boots for delamination and made sure throttle bodies seated up good in the boots. Clamps are tight.

I checked for good free play on the throttle cable 1/8th inch-ish slack measured at the throttle block. Can you bypass the TSS switch for diagnostic ?

Boosts up to about 10 pretty easily. Hard to look at the gauge when its doing it because even after 7-10 sec WOT the thing is screaming.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Yes TPS could do both for sure.

If reed were going they could have got worse fast, Mine gave me a WOT bog after a few seconds but not consistent.

Really can not bypass the switch, I have only seen issues from trying.

Make sure your boost tube clamps are good and the weld around the EGT bung is not cracked.

Again try another EGT sensor if possible.

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
I will try that pipe temp sensor also. I could see it being that. Build lots of pipe heat and it isnt reading correctly.

And check for cracks.

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
let us know what you figure out a couple easy things to try

new plugs (gapped at .018)

turning down the boost a little or up ?

what rpm are you hitting ?
try recording a climb and see what the rpm does

check clutches for worn parts

the bog/stutter your having is different than these other folks

what is your setup boost # ? fuel ? etc.

Last edited:
H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
2014 pro. Stock other than 7 tooth driver, Silber external reflash kit, silber clutching with 1 thin washer in the tip and red bolts 76 grams. Sunday I recorded a run on the guage and it popped at wot (track may have unloaded a bit). Read the guage back and saw 8650. I went to 1 thick washer in the tip (77grams) yesterday but rode in the trees and didnt get a good wide open rpm reading but it wasnt nearly as snappy and no rev limiter. I think it was better before. 50/50 av gas and 92 pump non ethanol. New bpr8eix plugs, didnt check the gap. So far ive got new plugs exhaust donuts, cleaned ves valves (twice actually), new thread tape on ves control valve inlet, new clutch cover bushing. I dont have a boost controller. Just the stock silber set up.. really the sled has been riding great and most of the time its amazing. Just need this wot isssue sorted out.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
well good on you going through everything

however 8650 is screaming kinda makes me think over rev they do weird stuff when they hit the
limiter rather than the thick one in the tip maybe a thin washer on the tip and middle ?
really you need to go out and do test runs up hills where you can see if a change makes a difference every sled is a bit different so you need to fine tune to your elv. and snow
we in Oregon have heavy snow makes a clutching a little funny sometimes

hows your belt ? i wonder if your getting a boost leak
hows the springs at the Y pipe ? all doubled up ?

Last edited:
H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
well god on you going through everything

hows your belt ? i wonder if your getting a boost leak
hows the springs at the Y pipe ? all doubled up ?

Ya I think Ive checked the obvious stuff. Springs are doubled. I have a fresh 6 on the way just to be sure they are all new. Ive changed to a new belt. Could be a boost leak I suppose. I dont know if my issue would be indicative of a boost leak.

One of the great things about this kit is I know my tuning is correct. Im not trying to tune out or cover up sled issues with fueling.

Premium Features