• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

goggle bag delete

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
is there a screen like the 18s have that goes in place of the goggle bag? I am not familiar with older proclimbs if there was something there before the bag came out. seems like a good place to set your helmet. let the heat that pours out from there keep it from freezing solid. thats the worst, frozen helmet! just wondering if there was a factory vent of sorts before i make something...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
is there a screen like the 18s have that goes in place of the goggle bag? I am not familiar with older proclimbs if there was something there before the bag came out. seems like a good place to set your helmet. let the heat that pours out from there keep it from freezing solid. thats the worst, frozen helmet! just wondering if there was a factory vent of sorts before i make something...
If im not mistaken, only LE's and Mountain Cats come with the bag.
SE's and snopro's have the plastic vent since 2012.

Mountain Cat!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Never understood why people take off their helmet? just to get a frozen head? Then force the frozen pads over cold ears just leave it on
I agree.
Don't stop riding and u don't need to take off ur helmet.
Usually my helmet only comes off when i am really stuck, and that usually involves rolling the sled over.

Mountain Cat!

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
If you really wanted, the goggle bag can be removed in about 5 seconds and you could rest your helmet there. I took the screen out of my 14 and put in the goggle warmer. That is much better to have than the screen that takes up space doing nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If I had a sled with the goggle bag, I'd get rid of it and do what the OP wants to do. My prolite has that area open and there is a huge amount of underhood heat that gets out there. I can just set my goggles over the opening and it defogs them right away if needed.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
If you really wanted, the goggle bag can be removed in about 5 seconds and you could rest your helmet there. I took the screen out of my 14 and put in the goggle warmer. That is much better to have than the screen that takes up space doing nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah i was pulling it once in a while already when the temp light kicked on. Gave me the idea.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I agree.
Don't stop riding and u don't need to take off ur helmet.
Usually my helmet only comes off when i am really stuck, and that usually involves rolling the sled over.

Mountain Cat!

Correct, but in this case I put my goggles in the goggle bag and roll it. With my helmet on. I think some people just need better helmets

Premium Features