• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso anyone?

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Not the best quility

S
Dec 8, 2016
2017 YZ450FX w/ Camso DTS 129 just built up in Denver, CO!

I work at Colorado Powersports in Thornton, CO. We just got done with the 2017 YZ450FX build featuring the Camso DTS 129 kit.

Looks there is some light feedback.

Just want to let everyone know that we have one available on the showroom.

Kit is reasonable in price comparatively.

If anyone has any decent video links they can send me that would be awesome. Trying to get as knowledgeable about this system as possible for our store!

Any must haves..... already have wide footpegs, airbox kit, and bark busters installed??

Been a dirt biker my whole life and this is the first snow bike I have had in front of me.

Any feedback would be great!!!!

Thanks!

2017 snow bike.jpg

gavink16

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2011
Negaunee, MI
I work at Colorado Powersports in Thornton, CO. We just got done with the 2017 YZ450FX build featuring the Camso DTS 129 kit.

Looks there is some light feedback.

Just want to let everyone know that we have one available on the showroom.

Kit is reasonable in price comparatively.

If anyone has any decent video links they can send me that would be awesome. Trying to get as knowledgeable about this system as possible for our store!

Any must haves..... already have wide footpegs, airbox kit, and bark busters installed??

Been a dirt biker my whole life and this is the first snow bike I have had in front of me.

Any feedback would be great!!!!

Thanks!

Thermo-bob from watt-man.com and an engine blanket from powersportstech.com would be helpful so it doesn't always overfuel your engine when the cold snow is hitting it. Also a temp gauge would be good to have. you can get a trail tech tto water temp gauge that will tap right into the thermo-bob. You could ask watt-man, he may have the temp gauges on hand. Radiator guards are nice if you are riding in trees. Seat concepts make more comfortable seats for long days.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I seen a kit on a kawasaki last week.
I was very surprised to see the track has paddles like the peak. Cats has paddles like the powerclaw. Wonder why its not like the conquer?

GS6

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Legalities , kind of like the Cat and Yamaha , otherwise there would be more unemployed attorneys' .

S
Dec 21, 2016
Camso all the way

I've bin riding motocross and snowmobile for years. Last year I tried my first snowbike. it was a timbersled, and I didn't care for it. It handled terribile.
Tried the Camso dts on the weekend and I loved it. Drove it on are local motocross track, brought me back to the summertime!!

S
Jan 24, 2017
I've a KTM with a camso kit but on icy snow I'm feeling less confidence than a timbersled I've used last year.

Unfortunately here on the alps deep powder is not so common and I'm thinking about changing the front ski.

Do you guys have some recommendation?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I've a KTM with a camso kit but on icy snow I'm feeling less confidence than a timbersled I've used last year.

Unfortunately here on the alps deep powder is not so common and I'm thinking about changing the front ski.

Do you guys have some recommendation?

Put a Yeti ski on it. Much better!

K
Feb 22, 2016
Belgrade MT
Try pulling forks up about 3/8 to 1/2" and shortening the strut rod. Cut a 1/2" off and re tap. Mine handles great on the road. Works better the more aggressive you ride.
I cut my strut.. because I was impatient, I called camso later in the week. they claim that the three rubber spacers can be swapped around, placing two on the bottom would give you that and then some.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
easy to track

out riding last weekend and cut across two snow bike tracks.........something just didn't look right. When we stopped to look at the tracks I realized one track was a CAMSO kit track. Concave with chopped up edges, easy to track now, never mistake that track for any of the other kits.

Premium Features