• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso anyone?

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
We have 2 camso kits on Kxf450,s. Very impressed. Lent one out and he rode with a 2016 120 timbersled on a Yz450. It was deep snow and he said the camso definintly had the advantage but he thought maybe because he weighed 30lb less.
We went out this weekend with 2 ktm 500's with 2014 120 timbersled kits. I had a new guy on one camso and we swapped around. Camso performed a fair bit better and the timber sled ski wanted to slid out when the camso stuck.
Not sure the differences from a 2014 to a 2017 timbersled kit? I know they have a new track.

D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
The Camso kit is quite honestly amazing.

Works great in deep powder, dust on crust, and hard packed.

Best climbing, best handling skid in the marketplace. The single rail is a game changer for the industry.

As the owner of a Yeti, TS and motocrap who's put dozens of days on each (except the motorcrap sold that after 3 rides)

That being said its heavy, the suspension needs some serious help and the front ski is middle of the road.

Camso needs to move to a 3 carbide ski. The back end rolls over so easily and the ski should match it.

Can't wait to see the updates for 2018.

S

Snowbikepat

Feb 4, 2017
Yakima
Camso rides great

Having ridden sleds for 25 years i decided it was time for a change. I bought a pair of FE501's and my son/myself decided to take up snow biking, head on. I sold my 800 doo's and won't look back now that i've ridden the CAMSO's 15 times since the Holidays. When i ride with sleds they initially are hesitant, then when i can keep up with them on the road and cut across ANY sidehill they usually ask to try it. The camso kit is rock solid and takes a few days out to tweak for your weight/riding style. A company that does $1B in annual sales is bound to have decent product. While not perfect out of the crate, we figured out a few tricks that make it a breeze to ride.

H
Dec 7, 2016
Having ridden sleds for 25 years i decided it was time for a change. I bought a pair of FE501's and my son/myself decided to take up snow biking, head on. I sold my 800 doo's and won't look back now that i've ridden the CAMSO's 15 times since the Holidays. When i ride with sleds they initially are hesitant, then when i can keep up with them on the road and cut across ANY sidehill they usually ask to try it. The camso kit is rock solid and takes a few days out to tweak for your weight/riding style. A company that does $1B in annual sales is bound to have decent product. While not perfect out of the crate, we figured out a few tricks that make it a breeze to ride.

Hi,

What tricks did you figure out? Care to share them? I have camso kit on a CRF450R.

Thanks

Mike

Premium Features