• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fueling my Turbo

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Last season I built a couple of Twisted Turbo M1000's.I built one with the fuel box that came with the turbo kit and built one and installed the Boost It fuel box.

First off let me say that with the Boost It box we spent less than fifteen minutes tuning and had this sled rocking,it ran excellent for the two full weekends that I have rode this sled.
No bog or hesitation and didn't load up on fuel.

The sled that got the fuel box that came with the turbo kit would not after a full day of riding and tuning would not run good consistantly.
I was out with Shain on this trip and we could get the sled to run but it was tempermental.

So I am now building one more new from scratch Twisted M1000 and decided I would buy a Boost It box for the sled that we tried to tune and the new build.
I got a hold of Neil at Boost It and was pleasantly surprised when I found out that they have a summer sale going on,save a 100.00 on whatever fuel box that you need.
So I am now waiting for my 2 new Boost It fuel boxes and will have my Twisted Turbo M1000's running properly.

This is the best product out there to fuel your extra injector turbo sled...

Here is a link to the Boost It website http://boost-it.ca/category/products/

If you have any questions pm Neil,his user name is NM on the forums or get him be email through the Boost It website.

G
Apr 23, 2008
The aic is a solid proven manner of working your turbo without interfering with the oem map.

though my experience with Neil was subpar the company and its product are well designed and user friendly.

I am tossing around the idea of a dragon flataland turbo for myself this year, I cannot bring myself to even be caught dead on an e torch( please leave my lifless body trailside ) LOL,, so POO just became my choice..maybe a pro if I find one I like....

Of course it will be a twisted system with at least a 3076 for my sea level to 2000' range out here..

Gus

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Hey Gus,

Whats the deal with Poo? How come you come over to a cat thread and tease us about poo? Do you like the port timing better?

Im double surprised cause you are going to play with injection?

I think you need to find a nice crossfire 1000 to experiment with. :face-icon-small-ton

G
Apr 23, 2008
That would be fun Tony,
Finding one of those is hard out here, most are as shaken to pieces as Bush's weapons of mass destruction story....LOL

Be cool

Gus

G
Apr 23, 2008
At the top of the state ( coos county ) pronounced co - oss. snow depth is from 4-7 feet off trail .

Trails are groomed twice a week, 800 miles of them,, 5 different clubs.
trails will get so hardpacked that some have overheating issues ..turbos are always running hot and pulling over to rest or pack snow on the system.. We run extended flaps to keep snow in the tunnel that makes reverse a pain but towing out is worse...

Off trail is illegal in any part of the state of new hampshire. In Maine their are no issues offtrail and even more riding and deeper snow so Maine is a better place for the turbo owner. maine also allows high speeds where NH is enforced at 45 mph..

This is why turbos out here dont live well on the trails, you either ice race them or baby them to live.

Gus

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
boost it fueler

So how many of us will be trying the boost it fueler on our tm1000s, I am sure looking forward to see how well it works, I talked to Niel and he has a map ready, should be pretty close.

S

Slimbo

Aug 3, 2012
Drayton Valley, AB
So how many of us will be trying the boost it fueler on our tm1000s, I am sure looking forward to see how well it works, I talked to Niel and he has a map ready, should be pretty close.

Putting the twisted 3076 kit on my basically all new m1000 this month. Dave swears by it, and he showed me how ridiculously easy it is to adjust with a press of a button to make it richer or leaner. For the price difference I think it's well worth the extra few hundred for that convenience alone. And being able to adjust it that easily to ensure safer riding from detonation for whatever reason is fantastic.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Any of you Twisted, OVS, or Push riders try a Power Commander V or Boony box? I agree the Dobeck box definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I plan to switch to a different box, but not sure which one.

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
turbo fueler

I have been fumbling with the attitude box, if i was not going with the boost it this season my next choice would be the boony box for sure.

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
I didn't mind the boonie box to much except for the fact that some times when you thought you need to adjust the mid it turned out to be either in the high or low. It would be great if it gave some indication of where you were in the range. A simple 3 color led, green low, yellow mid, red high, would make it 10 X better. If I was building a new 2 smoke turbo I think it would have a boost it box on it.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If you go to the stats screen it shows you where you are. It is difficult to read while trying to ride, but it will show you.

Boost-it is easier and more consistent.

Premium Features