• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Thirsty!?

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Got a code at returning to village after a day of about 5h out in the woods, P0196 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor.
Noticed that the tank was showing "Low Fuel" but has been a bit back and forth with the reliability of the gauge.
Anyhow, quick fix, it was empty on gas!
I have been noticing that it is running rather fat in the mixture, leaves black marks in the snow as well as it has an appetite for oil. Boogs a bit on and off when rpms are very low, like at technical tree riding.
The sled is a 2024 146" and it is well run in.
Running great otherwise, very strong machine and I am very happy with it. Would say with clutches arranged it is better than Boost in low altitude.
Do we need to get another map or? I run on the premium non ethanol fuel setting.
Have never run out of gas in this short time...was a boost and several 850 + one 2023 9R in the same group. I am using the throttle, but still surprised!

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Should be over, I have just done first service after 500km.
Is there something you have to do that the dealer can miss?, I thought it was automatic leaning off.

C
Dec 14, 2020
There's a countdown percentage on the display. You can try getting an update done at your dealer, but it sounds like it just isn't out of break-in.

It can take a few. If you're not riding at higher RPM guys have seen it still on at 3-400 miles. I've seen sleds for sale with a season of use that were still showing 50%.

C
Dec 15, 2017
There's a countdown percentage on the display. You can try getting an update done at your dealer, but it sounds like it just isn't out of break-in.

It can take a few. If you're not riding at higher RPM guys have seen it still on at 3-400 miles. I've seen sleds for sale with a season of use that were still showing 50%.
Is there a countdown percentage on the 7s display? How do you get to it?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Click on the "all settings" and there is a bar graph underneath the picture of the sled.
Unless you're poor and bought the standard gauge. In which case you obviously don't ever deserve to know if you're out of break-in.

Have never run out of gas in this short time...was a boost and several 850 + one 2023 9R in the same group. I am using the throttle, but still surprised!

Hypothesis could be that more throttle is necessary for a 146 in deep snow because you're running WFO at times when others can use less throttle. Are they all on 146 tracks and have you run short tracks in the past?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Shortest track & smallest paddles in group. Your going to use way more gas to go the same places. Especially how fun and easy a 146 9r is to rip around.

I'd be curious to compare miles traveled on ur gauge with others in your groups during a day. I bet your surprisingly higher then them.

I've done milage comparisons and we all ride very similarly but I'm putting on 10% more miles every day. Explains why I'm always out of gas first.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Shortest track & smallest paddles in group. Your going to use way more gas to go the same places. Especially how fun and easy a 146 9r is to rip around.

I'd be curious to compare miles traveled on ur gauge with others in your groups during a day. I bet your surprisingly higher then them.

I've done milage comparisons and we all ride very similarly but I'm putting on 10% more miles every day. Explains why I'm always out of gas first.

Nick is the kind of rider that simply hates fuel.

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
First ride i put 25 miles on a 24’ 155, 3.25 9R and she drank 5.5 gallons. Most I’ve ever seen a sled drink that wasn’t full pin which I wasn’t. I was in 2’-3’ of powder for 90% of the trip. I’d say the oil consumption was less than a full broke in 850 Doo.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
First ride i put 25 miles on a 24’ 155, 3.25 9R and she drank 5.5 gallons. Most I’ve ever seen a sled drink that wasn’t full pin which I wasn’t. I was in 2’-3’ of powder for 90% of the trip. I’d say the oil consumption was less than a full broke in 850 Doo.
Sounds about right for deep snow fuel consumption on the 9R.

My doo turbo literally consumed twice as much oil as a 9R. No exaggeration. Even my clothes/boots smell less like 2T now that I ride poo. It's a drastic and noticeable difference. Doo tends to over oil their engines, probably to reduce failures and save on engine warranty claims.

Premium Features