• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Common XP issue and maintenance!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
XP

I am having that same fuel tank issue as far as my gauge always saying empty. I am 3 weeks out of warranty is there any hope that BRP would still fix the issue?

P
Dec 4, 2009
oil cap fix

It seems if you just snug the cap it doesn't leak....ovetightening distorts the reservoir threaded area and then they leak. Someone makes a aluminum insert that goes in the reservoir inlet that holds it true and supposedly stops the leaks. It is on this page...http://www.dootalk.com/dtproducts.php

i put teflon tape around my threds on the oil tank and it stoped the cap leak hope this helps yours.

P.S. make sure you put the tape on the right way so it dosent come off during tightening

R
Dec 23, 2008
my oil can leaked also:face-icon-small-sho i bought a little sleve that goes into the can that stops it from going ovial when over tighting.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
PTO Runout/ clutch

rebuilt clutch 3x, lost 1 eng. crank on 08 xp. Have .002 runout on new eng. Is that acceptable or pressing the limit. Who can set up &BALANCE the clutch.

M
Dec 14, 2009
fuel pickups in gas tank

New 2010 154Summit 800R ran good on level but the motor would cut out going up hill. After rolling it on Widowmaker, I decided not to climb until a dealer checked it. They thought I was nuts but took off the fuel tank and found both front and back pickups were loose. They fixed them and have had no more problems. Anyone else had anything like this on a 2010?

Lucky

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
everyone should pull off their fuel tanks. i took mine off my 09 and found the tank had almost worn completely through the cooler. with only 2000 miles

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
I always put a piece of the tool box foam padding between the tank and tunnel to stop that.

Good Luck

F
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
09 x was going into limp mode on the way up, would not reset after shutting off and restarting. took it to the dealer 3 times and finally found a skidoo bullitin on doo talk where the wiring under the seat or at the taillight where it goes through the tunnel rubs through and shorts out blows both blue 15 amp fuses. This is the same circuit as the lights, and dpm, runs lean then detonates. computer puts it into limp until you take it to a dealer to scan. fun.

My '08 leaks once in awhile also, as you have seen it is almost impossible to get at. I don't think there is alot a guy can do unless you want to start pulling your sled apart.

You pull the back supports attached too the steering column them move the tank back and you can fix the problem. total of six bolts. sounds harder than it is, just have to get over the fear of un bolting you new sled. :face-icon-small-coo

S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
airbox

anyone else have problems with the air filter clogging in mid to deep snow? my sled runs like **** when that filter is clogged, but just one swipe over it and it runs awesome! any solutions or suggestions?

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
anyone else have problems with the air filter clogging in mid to deep snow? my sled runs like **** when that filter is clogged, but just one swipe over it and it runs awesome! any solutions or suggestions?
Common... lots of factory box mods u can do, SLP makes powder valves for top of box, that's what I started with, also have an extra air intakes vent kit, lots of guys mod the intake box at the back, right infront of fuel tank, cutting big holes and add pre filter material to cover holes and that seems to work good. That will be my choice if powder valves don't work, or I will cut more hole in top of front airbox next to powder valves and cover with material... hope it helps!
P

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
Hey did everyone get a chance to look at my erratic power problem thread? Have a few things to check as guys have posted, just wondering if anyoneelse had other ideas to check as I am going up for more testing Tues...
Thanks!!
P

A
Feb 19, 2009
ontario
I had a 09 summit 600etec throttle stick off it went with out me done finished!
Less then 400m ,everybody that had this happen report it so we can get something done about it.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I had a 09 summit 600etec throttle stick off it went with out me done finished!
Less then 400m ,everybody that had this happen report it so we can get something done about it.

I have an 09 600etec, and so far its fine, 130 miles. Do you know what caused this.

S

ski800x

Feb 2, 2010
Circle, MT
I have an 09 600etec, and so far its fine, 130 miles. Do you know what caused this.

Somehow either the butterflies or the throttle cable get moisture in them freez and stick open. Had this happen on my 11 e-tech 800 at around 100m but thank god it didn't just take off.

Premium Features