• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Are you suggesting theres something wrong with our sled or kit and the tuning is perfect? Or do you mean silbers working on the issue? I realize some people do have faulty or worn parts.

But id love to see a silber ecu reflashed kit on the 2011-2015 ecu reflash kit that can climb a hill doubling while on off throttle at low speed and wot speeds without stuttering. This is important for heavy snow and hard core riding. Also like to see one with the track in the air at idle and do a wot rev to 8000+rpm, they wont pull past 6500-7200rpm. This is important for jumping as a person needs to be able to stop the track in the air and get it back to speed before landing in some situations. Its truly not safe for the hardcore that want to ride "Chris Burandt style". I do acknowledge that only a small percentage actually ride like that and the tuning is perfectly fine for the majority of riders.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Are you suggesting theres something wrong with our sled or kit and the tuning is perfect? Or do you mean silbers working on the issue? I realize some people do have faulty or worn parts.

But id love to see a silber ecu reflashed kit on the 2011-2015 ecu reflash kit that can climb a hill doubling while on off throttle at low speed and wot speeds without stuttering. This is important for heavy snow and hard core riding. Also like to see one with the track in the air at idle and do a wot rev to 8000+rpm, they wont pull past 6500-7200rpm. This is important for jumping as a person needs to be able to stop the track in the air and get it back to speed before landing in some situations. Its truly not safe for the hardcore that want to ride "Chris Burandt style". I do acknowledge that only a small percentage actually ride like that and the tuning is perfectly fine for the majority of riders.

I'm not suggesting anything. I will say we have over 500 reflash kits on the snow and while I wont state I think the tuning is "perfect" for every situation and every riding style ( I can't imagine Silber tested doubled up on a sled and did some idle to full throttle transitions while jumping, hitting the break and stopping the track back to full throttle) I also don't think tuning cause of the few issues I have seen here.

Our test riders like Justin Cowett and the a rocket brothers put these through the paces and we use them and others to validate the tuning.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Reads to me like it is not the kit or tune.

Found this video. Exactly what mine is doing. Climbing a hill if I need to let off to go over something or bring the nose down and get back into it, it does this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMC2wOlKkqo&feature=youtu.be

Once I find one we can't get to the bottom of without changing the tune I will be more likely to subscribe to that train of thought.

That example you gave is not the standard kit. It had a 2863 turbo and the standard mapping didn't work well with it at low elevation. That was the only one sold and we won't deviate from the standard again.

Last edited:

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Im suggesting to hang the track in the air in the shop to do some idle to wot tuning. It would be much easier then trying to jump it. And doubling is just a suggestion to simulate the heavy loads when and where the snow isnt as heavy while tuning. As if these situations were smoothed out i believe it would be reliable and safe eveytime the throttle gets moved.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia

Found this video. Exactly what mine is doing. Climbing a hill if I need to let off to go over something or bring the nose down and get back into it, it does this...

This vid is what mine does but only that bad in deep or heavy snow. In the amount of snow in this video my sled will barely do it and wont even do it most times.

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
i think I will say at this point that we can take the sled out and ride it all day with zero issues if you watch the flipper a bit, and it is only some rare cases on/off ect that we will see the stuttering. I do believe that the tune overall is very very close if not spot on and if it were changed to work perfect in the 1% time it "sputters" it may in fact not work as good as it does now in the other 99% riding ?? If this is in fact a "tune" issue at all. We are still of course checking everything ect ect. That being said I think that many many people would never even encounter the issue at all.

I still give the kit a "best bang for the buck" overall thumbs up and it really works very well :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Once I find one we can't get to the bottom of without changing the tune I will be more likely to subscribe to that train of thought.

That example you gave is not the standard kit. It had a 2863 turbo and the standard mapping didn't work well with it at low elevation. That was the only one sold and we won't deviate from the standard again.

What train of thought am I suggesting you subscribe to? I didnt suggest ****...I just stated how I read your comments. If it's something on my sled that is messed up, that's great...I look forward to your suggestions so I can troubleshoot it. I believe twice I stated how happy I am with how my kit runs at 7 psi. If I can get some more out of it that would be great.

As far as my example...good, it sounds like you got that figured out on his. My only point was, for reference, the symptoms are exactly the same. No bog like some videos, just the sputtering.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Im suggesting to hang the track in the air in the shop to do some idle to wot tuning. It would be much easier then trying to jump it. And doubling is just a suggestion to simulate the heavy loads when and where the snow isnt as heavy while tuning. As if these situations were smoothed out i believe it would be reliable and safe eveytime the throttle gets moved.

I installed this a couple weeks ago and it runs clean on the track stand. I would have held it linger but it was already at 8500

https://www.facebook.com/SilberTurbos/videos/945867072172786/

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
yup have to now say that as we have heaver snow and more load on it, same issue, not bad but it will "sputter" on hard in and out of throttle stuff, tore it apart looked at everything, found nothing at all amiss, cleaned the blowoff valve ect ect same issue, on trail or in light loads spot on but needs to be adjusted for heavy load on and off for sure, hopefully they have a reflash for it. It is still way better than my older 2011 deal by a long shot but it is a issue that needs to start to be addressed for sure

Have you tried switching between ethanol and not ethanol mode?

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Can they be safely run on the non ethanol mode? I ask because Justin originally cautioned me to run it on ethanol but I could try that tomorrow. Maybe he said that because of elevation? 2-4k

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
i think I will say at this point that we can take the sled out and ride it all day with zero issues if you watch the flipper a bit, and it is only some rare cases on/off ect that we will see the stuttering. I do believe that the tune overall is very very close if not spot on and if it were changed to work perfect in the 1% time it "sputters" it may in fact not work as good as it does now in the other 99% riding ?? If this is in fact a "tune" issue at all. We are still of course checking everything ect ect. That being said I think that many many people would never even encounter the issue at all.

I still give the kit a "best bang for the buck" overall thumbs up and it really works very well :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Yes it is still a very clean kit. But it happens to me atleast 50times a day. And has put me in some scary situations when it doesnt pull through and losses all momentom or throughs you over the bars. In hard spring snow - no problem

B
Nov 12, 2013

My sled is doing this exact same type of sputter in and out of the throttle once in a while throughout the day. Hopefully we can get this figured out

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
I spoke to the guy who made the video. He said his friend has a kit and it does the same sputtering thing too.

Premium Features