• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Ski-Doo 10.25 Optional Gauge!

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
Yes, smaller battery than e-start, but that’s exactly where it goes according to the Q&A video.

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
Hold on..... We have to have a battery for this thing? I was on the fence and now I'm for sure calling to change my order to the regular gauge. It already seemed pointless but, I was hoping that future updates would make it worth it. Have to carry your phone for it to work and now a battery... hard pass.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hold on..... We have to have a battery for this thing? I was on the fence and now I'm for sure calling to change my order to the regular gauge. It already seemed pointless but, I was hoping that future updates would make it worth it. Have to carry your phone for it to work and now a battery... hard pass.
same as the polaris, it needs a battery to power when your sled is off, otherwise if you shut it off you lose the guage with map etc. it is smaller and lighter still being finalized on the battery.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
same as the polaris, it needs a battery to power when your sled is off, otherwise if you shut it off you lose the guage with map etc. it is smaller and lighter still being finalized on the battery.
Dave, I would have sno checked a sled with the 10.25 gauge if it had the capabilities to track other Doo riders, AND Poo riders.

To me, it's a safety feature that should be standard!

Cheers Dave!

Ace

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
It would be sweet if they could update this thing at some point to be able run high quality Garmin topo maps and buddy tracking feature . All Offline .I dont think the turn by turn directions would be too handy in the mountains. checked out the BRP app, not very detailed topo. I feel 90% of mountain riders would even give up phone pairing, music ,etc for those features.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Larger gauge doesn’t let you track other riders and needs a battery = pass.

The ability to track other riders is huge.

Love all the other changes Doo made but they cannot get it right on the premium gauge issue. Not yet anyway.

2023 Summits are still impressive!

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
My guess is that it's in the works. BRP won't let Polaris keep the spot light. Agreed, tracking buddy's is huge. I almost died after being pinned under my sled back in 2005. Had a friend not been close by, I wouldn't be here. I had already lost consciousness.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Polaris was smart enough not to put their spare belt and battery right where my foot swings across when mountain riding. Skidoo made some fantastic changes to G5, the infotainment system is a multilevel fail.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
What happened to the good old days when we just rode and didn’t need gps and tracking computers to see our buddies? Next someone will sue skidoo because they couldn’t find there friend on the screen. Maybe they can put instagram on it to so you can update your cool videos as you ride.

A
Dec 22, 2013
What happened to the good old days when we just rode and didn’t need gps and tracking computers to see our buddies? Next someone will sue skidoo because they couldn’t find there friend on the screen. Maybe they can put instagram on it to so you can update your cool videos as you ride.
Not everyone rides in the daylight and in an open field. A lot of times in the trees on a mountain you can't see everyone. Especially if it's snowing heavy or foggy. Last night we were riding after work and couldn't find a buddy while he was stuck down in a ditch by some trees. We spent a good half hour riding around and once I went right by him and didn't know it. Granted he should have had his radio on him and it would have been easy but would also have been nice to just see him on the screen and know exactly where he was

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
Hi Dave, if it were the same as Polaris I wouldn't have taken it off my order. It does have the same con as the S7 with a battery but it doesn't have the same pros that outweigh said cons.
I could overlook the battery if we had buddy tracking and standalone GPS. One of my big concerns with this is the battery life on a cell phone in single digit temps while supporting GPS. I don't see any way it will last all day.
Unless all connectivity to the 10.25 screen is done via bluetooth and you can have the phone connected to 12v? Either way, it's just too much crap to mess with to justify what you're getting for $1200.
Thank you for all you do for the sport and the reply! Take care

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I know we like to pick on Dave, but he's just the messenger. Would I like to see more features on the big screen, absolutely. But I still ordered in hopes upgrades are coming down the road. There are lots of things we don't really know about it and all the capabilities yet. More to follow I'm sure. Until then, Dave, keep the information coming. Cheers

B
Nov 26, 2007
Crossing fingers this means the Buddy tracking capability is part of an up and coming software update.

What happens if I lose network connection during a ride?​

Once you set up your itinerary and before you head out, download it so that the trail, points of interest and anything nearby will be saved on your mobile device. You'll still get navigation with your position, but you will be unable to track your friends on the map, as this feature is still in beta mode and currently requires connectivity. We are working on improving this feature.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Larger gauge doesn’t let you track other riders and needs a battery = pass.

The ability to track other riders is huge.

Love all the other changes Doo made but they cannot get it right on the premium gauge issue. Not yet anyway.

2023 Summits are still impressive!
A current bandaid to buddy tracking that I'll be testing this weekend is linking my phone to a friends 7S using the ride command app. It's a nuisance on my end to have to pull my phone out, but still much handier than trying to guess which way he went through the trees. If it works I'll share on here.

I'm also going with the 10" display in the hopes of updates in the future. I can live with the little battery it comes with, and its nice to not have it right on top of the handlebars.

Premium Features