• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone here work at a modern convenance store???

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Today i found a large amount of money at a mavericks gas station, well over 2K, maybe $2400 in 100 dollars bills and the rest was $20s. This money looked almost new and was rolled into a rubberband similar to what you would see in a rap video, the roll looked perfectly round. I went on to the gym and thought about how i could return this moeny to the rightful owner without creating a scene or dealing with liers....thought about it, made plan, I asked the station attendant if anyone asked him about a lost valuable item, the word "item" was used for obvious reasons. He descried the roll of money to the T, i was convenced it was his, he offered a reward that i turned down. Here where it gets weird...he looked nervous and mumbled something about his sister gave him the money as i handed it to him, then he said he would place this money in the store safe whne just as i told him to go buy a wallet like most folks. This is when i thought about those money roll drops you see in a gas station near the register...he was acting strrange as hell, not sure if this was due to his relief of having "his" or "not his" money back. I cant understand how a store would have a large amount of new $100s, that dont make much sence to me, one would think $100s come into to the store and not out of the store, thus $100s would look used/not fresh, im telling you these $100s looked near new and rolled in a perfect format like a money machine or bank was used to roll this money, the rubber band looked new and uniform

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
The local pd prob need a heads up on this! Sounds like the clerk is doing some dealing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Fine opinion I guess if you believe that dealing is an ok way to feed your kids.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Fine opinion I guess if you believe that dealing is an ok way to feed your kids.

Better than robbing people. At least he/she is working.

People are going to smoke weed, do drugs. As long as they are not selling/pushing to kids then I have no problem with it.

RJ Reynolds is filthy rich from "dealing".

R
Aug 16, 2011
Idaho Falls
I've worked in convenience stores in the past...You just don't get 24 $100 bills in a shift. 1, 2, 3 maybe. & you surely wouldn't mix them with 20's if you were gonna drop them in the safe. Appears a lot like a drug related situation. & as tempting as it sounds to keep the wad, & as broke as I am, I probably woulda done the same thing you did just on the chance that it was some poor soul's paycheck or life savings.

T
Dec 25, 2007
Selling drugs is better than robbing someone? Um, what?

A dealer affects the life of 10s to 100s of people in a negative, illegal way that is a continual spirals into the inability for those fine peeps to feed the kids they might/probably do have. And where there are drugs, guns are not far behind. Having seen the aftermath of two people being shot for drug related issues just 2 days ago, I think you could imagine safety at the pump would be a bit harder to come by...

And an act of robbery (without assault as that is no longer robbery ) is usually a one time deal for an individual. And often at least partially covered by insurance.

I do not see how someone would not get the police involved.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I believe the money has nothing to do with the store. The drop tubes are what employees get their change from out of the safes...anything from pennies to twenties. That many hundred$ taken in from customers aren't all going to look new as described. As far as where it came from...maybe he is telling the truth...because he's pimpin' his sister! :eek:

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Guy was probably worried because the local drug dealer stopped by 5 minutes before you did and asked him if anybody found his cash that he some how left laying on the back of the john. You roll along and he figures he will claim it, since snoop dog (local dealer dude) just told him all the details....That's ok though, sounds like he, being a station attendent, doesn't make too much and is now rolling fat thanks to you.

Have you stopped by since? Maybe thanks to you he got his throat cut because right after he took back "his" money Puff Daddy (local dealer) came back by when he was counting out the loot...Some times it's just better to keep $2400 if you find it in the bathroom at a gas station because it was probably not going to good intentions anyway. lol

Last edited:

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I worked at a convenience store for three years. A UFA, United Farmers Of Alberta. people from Alberta will know. lol It wasn't uncommon to have that many $100's in a day where I worked. Its a farm gas station, with charge accounts, so people would come in with cash and pay their bills. But sounds sketchy to me no doubt!

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
high-horse.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Hind sight is 20/20 so it is very easy to sit here & play Monday morning quarterback.

IF you had taken it to the police......would you not have gotten it back if nobody claimed it within a certain time period? (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

If the money was from legitimate source, the rightful owner had the opportunity to claim it.
If it was from sketchy source nobody claims it & you are richer to the tune of 2 large and also able to look in the mirror with clean concience.
If the liklihood of the money being tainted still bothered you, give it to your church or other worthy charity.

Premium Features