• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Went for a ride the other day.......

C
Mar 15, 2018
....am still recuperating. Had a couple F-ups that left me pretty ouchy. Anyway, first ride with my new Ibachshift clutching. A buddy called wanting to go so I was just putting the driven back in my sled is the timeing was perfect for a test run. My buddy runs a 2017 Polaris SKS 155 800 with a finger throttle. At one pos t we were stopped at a fairly large area with. ice snow so I offered him a try on my new Summit X 850, 165. Of course he offered me a try on his SKS but initially I declined as I was still pretty sore from my first "unscheduled dismount". I did relent , however and took his sled for a rip (first ride on a Polaris). I found it interesting and thought I would share my "first impressions". I found the Polaris quite a bit easier to put on edge than my summit. So much so that I almost did a face plant when I went to do a power turn. I had no issues with the finger throttle at all. In fact, I liked it so much I am going to put the one I have from my XM on this machine. Some may be thinking "If you had one on your XM, why I made a point about trying one". Well Its a bit of a "story" but when I put one on my previous sled I went about 200 yards and took it off so I dod not REALLY use one. The other observation (no surprise) was that he 800 Polaris felt pretty anemic compared to my 850 Doo, especially with the backshift clutching. My Doo, pulls like a freight train, the Poo felt more like a smart car. Overall, I REALLY liked the Poo chassis and the finger throttle. Also, I forgot to mention, that the Poo also had the narrow (34"?) A-arms. If Poo had a better reputation for reliability I would not hesitate to buy one, especially if it could come with the E-tech engine.

Premium Features