• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic-PRO, Pro-Cat, Polcat, Arctis, There's more ways to skin a 1300.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Yeah. I know the title is pretty ridiculous.

Basically the background of this project is, about two months ago Kodi I sold a pair of $100 shocks to Matt Mcvey (mattymac). I had never had met Matt in person but, we have mutual friends. I also had always followed his Snowest builds and knew he was extremely into the new and old mod sled scene. After talking about some of his projects and having built multiple sleds in the past it really gave me an itch to build a sled that is not my PRIMARY riding sled. After more conversations on Facebook I decided the direction that I wanted to go and started looking.

My plan for this project is to:

1. Put a custom based three cylinder engine using primarily Arctic Cat King Cat 900 twin parts into a Polaris Pro-Ride Chassis. (1293cc using stock bore King Cat 900 Pistons, 1462cc if bored and using M1000 pistons)
a. Billet engine plate (PAR designed, Mcvey Built)

2. Modify the Polaris Pro-Ride chassis geometry to be as close to the Polaris Axys geometry as possible.
a. Driveshaft Drop and Roll (MtnTK)
b. Rear suspension mounting position relocation (VEI)
c. Axys/Matryx Spindles (Stock, Alternative Impact, or ZRP)
d. 36" front suspension width (Alternative Impact)
e. Complete rear skid or replacement rear suspension arm. (Polaris)

3. Modernize the look and mechanics with modern parts.
a. Axys/Matryx running boards (Polaris)
b. 162-174 Track with 3" Lugs. Would like to run 8T drivers with a 3.0 pitch or 7T drivers with a 3.5 pitch. (Not sure if 7T is possible yet)
c. Short Tunnel / Long Track (Chassis has a 155 tunnel)
d. 5' Extra Cooler (MtnTK)
e. 8" - 10" rear wheels (Rolling resistance, Depending on track length)
f. Additional tunnel support (VEI)
g. Heavy Duty Front bumper (B-PWR)

4. Triple pipes (Jaws)

5. Custom aluminum frame mesh hood

6. Utilize as much of the Polaris wiring harness, switches, tether, and hand warmers as possible.

7. Complete the project in under 18 months.

Currently:

Chassis - I bought a 2013 Polaris Pro RMK 800 155 Rolling Chassis and have it striped down. I am in the process of deep cleaning and preparing everything to build the rolling chassis the way I want before I start installing and fitting the engine.

Engine - I found almost exactly what I was looking for on Facebook marketplace. I spent a ton more money than I wanted to but it was way to hard to pass up, especially with a built crank and how long they take to build. The engine was never finished and is like brand new condition. Below is the engine as I purchased it.

1. Crankcase - Cutler Performance Center (CPC) cast aluminum crankcases
2. Crank - Built by Steve Daniels machine shop in Augusta, ME. He uses a larger PTO bearing, mills material out of the crankcases, and uses a thicker crank seal cover. In doing so the primary clutch needs to be modified slightly to allow room for the crank seal cover.
3. Stator Plate - Cutler Performance Center (CPC) billet aluminum
4. Cylinders - Stock King Cat 900 displacement, Ported by Artic Edge (Brent Linderman)
5. Heads - Stock
6. Exhaust Valves - Going to be locked open.
7. Pistons - Never installed, not included.

My plan is to disassemble for piece of mind and reassemble.

Attached are pictures of current status.
Nice build

Premium Features