• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 xp works awesome compared to the 09

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Chazmanian---good to hear. Now tell us where you were able to pull the steep this time of year?

BCB

Yeah, no farkin crap? I won't even think of touching hills yet, not with the large land mines hidden.

Heres the parts list that came in my 2010 "Upgrade" kit.
Scan_Pic0010.jpg

That shock recalibration stuff is for the guys with the X package shocks as the instructions tell ya' to restack the shock with the different shims.

The kit also came with very detailed step by step instructions with....Pictures!:eek:

For us marginal wrenchers I assume?
Scan_Pic0011.jpg

Cost, and I assume that is for a 154? I have Fox Zero Pros in the rear skid and Floats on the front so I wonder if it's even worth it.

C
PJtheMunchkin;Yeah, no farkin crap? I won't even think of touching hills yet, not with the large land mines hidden.

Grand Lake is rideable as is Cottonwood pass....Then again I'm a new guy so I'll ride anything just to get some sled time!! I did bounce off a rock or two but all in all it was plenty deep enough to get stuck in more than once!!

Cost, and I assume that is for a 154? I have Fox Zero Pros in the rear skid and Floats on the front so I wonder if it's even worth it.

I hear ya...I have Zero Pros all the way around and if I dont sell the one center shock in the Doo-T*** classifieds I'll get it reshafted to fit the 2010 style skid.

Josh over at Powerworld gave me a smokin deal on it as I bought my sled there....Retail was $500 he lemme have it for about half that. I do think he would negotiate on a kit as he would hafta special order it anyways.

We are getting good snow right now in the springs...If I can get this turd back together we are gonna head up to Cottonwood pass Sat and Grand Lake Sunday.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
You guys are killin me here about this '10 upgrade thing. Sounds good but I had my 09 out Sunday for the first time this year and I still don't get the handling thing everyone complains about, had a huge smile all day, love the sled. First ride on DJ's clutch kit and HPS can also, WOW!! I'd also like to hear how the 10 and 09 compare side by side in a deep climb.

My dealer told me that with shock upgrades, like I have already, it wasn't worth it. He also said that I could do the limiter strap myself just by studying it and making a measurement or two.

C
My dealer told me that with shock upgrades, like I have already, it wasn't worth it. He also said that I could do the limiter strap myself just by studying it and making a measurement or two.

According to "Those who seem to know" there is more to it than just the strap deal....The angle of the shock and the lenght of the center shock is different.

Will this add up to a more nimble sled?

Dunno yet....I will soon find out though!!

OP.....Sorry for the hijacking of your thread Sir.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
It's weird. Some dealers/techs say that it's not worth the coin for what you actually get and I'm gonna agree with them as it seems as if they are being honest and not just trying to sell somebody a pile of parts.

IMO, if one wants to do a suspension upgrade it would be better to do a Tom's suspension, EZ Ryde, Holz or Timbersled.

C
It's weird. Some dealers/techs say that it's not worth the coin for what you actually get and I'm gonna agree with them as it seems as if they are being honest and not just trying to sell somebody a pile of parts.

IMO, if one wants to do a suspension upgrade it would be better to do a Tom's suspension, EZ Ryde, Holz or Timbersled.

My thought was this...If I could get the new and "Improved"? geometry for the price of one shock and a few hours of my time installing it?

The alternative would be what 2 grand on a trick aftermarket one?

The techs are kinda right about whats in the kit Vs' the retail cost though....Bags and bags of new lock nuts, two rails, a shock and a strap....And a fistful of shims to build a new stack in your X package shock if ya' gots a X model.

I'll do a $270.00 Experiment anyday...If It cost me $500 plus hours and hours of dealer labor at $80-$100 an hours? Making what say $800.00 bucks? No Fvck-n-way.

But if it turns better than ever and feels more nimble for my $270.00 plus time? I will be stokered!!

If It sucks? I'll still be stokered as I powdercoated my rails black so I could fool myself into thunking I had something trick.....Duh:eek:

B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
The 2010 suspension is by far and away an improvement over the08-09 set up. The first ride I almost fell off my sled when I turned out. My Hillclimb has the more forward steering post and I really like it as you can run 12in risers and tip them back a little. Since the XP has been introduced I have to say that the 10 is the best. Everyone that has rode my sled is shocked at how well it handles.

This will be the first Ski Doo that I don't sink a pile on the suspesion. (more to spend on the motor)

C
No....not without doing the update. Worth it! :beer;

We shall see!!

Took my time over the last two nights and got mine all installed and buttoned up. Powdercoating the rails is sweet....Looks tricker than it is!!

I'm really curious to see how this new updated skid works...Going for a 2 day adventure this weekend so I'll have time to get er' dialed in.

Wouldnt mind that easy steer steering post to go with the new skid....Its what $100 part or so?

I have my skis swapped and a quick disconnect on me sway bar....Cant wait to give er' hell!!

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
We shall see!!

Took my time over the last two nights and got mine all installed and buttoned up. Powdercoating the rails is sweet....Looks tricker than it is!!

I'm really curious to see how this new updated skid works...Going for a 2 day adventure this weekend so I'll have time to get er' dialed in.

Wouldnt mind that easy steer steering post to go with the new skid....Its what $100 part or so?

I have my skis swapped and a quick disconnect on me sway bar....Cant wait to give er' hell!!

by the time you've finished dicking around, you could and maybe should have just bought a 2010...;)

C
by the time you've finished dicking around, you could and maybe should have just bought a 2010...;)

My dealer wanted like $1500 more bucks for a 2010 over my 09'.

Kit cost me $270....And a few hours of my time.

Everything else I have done to my sled I would have done to a 2010....So by all rights I'm out $270.00 on the 09'.

Klubbo....In all honesty think I enjoy tinkering and "Dicking Around" with my sled to boot!!:D

Premium Features