• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 xp works awesome compared to the 09

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i love my 10 163 xp, i had a 08 and a 09 163x and hated how they handled, i rode my 10 today and i think they are night and day difference, i just have to just barely lean over the the sled follows so what ever brp did hats off to them, i had a blast riding it from my 09. it worked real well also it is the first ride with oil in the tank and when it was climbing in 1-2ft of fresh snow it was seeing 50-53mph track speed all the time this is awesome for this kind of sled, it felt as good or better than my modded 09 m1000 162 i had. i just had to say something because i was really starting to hate brp in the past from all the problems they had with their previous sleds, and mine worked awesome for the first 60miles of hard ridin.:beer;:D

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Holy cow! So you might actually keep a sled long enough to put more than 100 miles on it?:D

Guess Im getting a 2010 then.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
Stumbled into a deal on the 2010 Skid update kit for my 2009 that I couldnt pass up...Half price!

I bought it.

Just curious as to where you set your limiter strap?

The 2010 strap has lots more holes.....

im not sure where ever stock is at, it doesnt wheelie while climbing and if you just touch the throttle it unloads the front suspension and feels real nimble.

S

smileyz

Oct 18, 2008
Lehi, Utah
Stumbled into a deal on the 2010 Skid update kit for my 2009 that I couldnt pass up...Half price!

I bought it.

Just curious as to where you set your limiter strap?

The 2010 strap has lots more holes.....

I believe stock on the 2010 XP is 5 holes out.

A 2009 has 5 holes and the 2010 has 7 holes. So it would be equivalent to letting it all the way out on 2009 guess BRP finally got on the ball.

L8Rz,
Mike K.

C
im not sure where ever stock is at, it doesnt wheelie while climbing and if you just touch the throttle it unloads the front suspension and feels real nimble.

Schwing!!!

Thats what I'm after! I must say that simply swapping the skis left to right right to left really made getting up on a ski very easy....I actually have finally begun to understand and appreciate the idea behind the stable design. That being said I also want it to roll up on a ski and stay there easier than it does now.

I'm a rank rookie riding with a couple really experienced buddies. They are expecting alot outta me as I spank em' all summer on the dirtbkes....Sadly my Moto talent isnt really transferring all that fast as this is a wholly different beast altogether!

So far so good though as I did some highmarkin' battlin' today and climbed some pretty gnarly stuff.....It was my 5th ride and I have already grown to much prefer my XP chassis over my Buddies M and the others Polaris. Those sleds both feel schetchy and almost tippidy? If that a word?

My sled feels solid. It feels like a dirtbike almost where those "Other" sleds almost feel like watecraft comparitively.

I will say although my XP can holeshot and beat my buddies M1000 in short bursts up 50 Yard climbs....He kills me in the long steep pulls as that 1000 is a beast at high altitude!!

I'm thinking if the 2010 rear skid upgrade gives me just a lil' better control on the tree strewn rock infestered nasty climbs?

Maybe in time I can outfinnesse the big 1000 as for now he kinda has me beat in long pull power!

I dont feel so bad as the fat fvkker highmarked two newer spiced up Dragon 800's as well today......And the dudes on Dragons were better riders than he is.

C
:beer;:Dgreat sled with a great rider is all you need:D:beer; but whatever you think:p

I hear ya!

So far I have one of those bases covered.

A rookie needs a fullsize balllsack, a potent sled and some skill to go with it when climbing up at Grand Lake Colorado!

My sack is fair sized, my sled is pretty potent....My skill level? Not all there yet.:eek:

Kinda excited after reading the OP's post as I started reading the instructions to intstall this 2010 upgraded skid. Mo' nimble is good! Especially if it dosent come with the floppy factor like those "Other" sleds.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
I'm picking up a 2010 Summit Everest 154" tomorrow. My first Ski Doo, coming off an '09 RMK 800. I'm glad to hear that this it's easier to lay over with the updated '10 suspension. My plan was to just buy the sled and learn to ride it, now I think I should be able to adapt to it in one or two rides. I'm excited to ride the sled.

S
Just purchased a 2010 XP X package and I must say after coming off an 05 RT 1000 this thing handles like a dream. Just turn my head look where I want to go and the sled follows. I love this thing. Tons of power even on the first tank of fuel with oil in it. Can't wait to ride it again.

S
Jan 6, 2002
just off-topic here....anyone buying new XP's..check your clutches! my new 2010 xp has some kind of residue on the clutch faces from the factory!wiping it with a paper towel would turn it black! i know this was a problem when the 08's arrived! would be a good idea to inspect clutch faces..and wash em with soap and water if needed..including belt!
i thought dealers were suppose to clean these parts!

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
just off-topic here....anyone buying new XP's..check your clutches! my new 2010 xp has some kind of residue on the clutch faces from the factory!wiping it with a paper towel would turn it black! i know this was a problem when the 08's arrived! would be a good idea to inspect clutch faces..and wash em with soap and water if needed..including belt!
i thought dealers were suppose to clean these parts!

Yep, the 2010 still comes with pre-oiled clutches :rolleyes: They need to be cleaned before the first ride for sure.
Got to spend a little time on a 2010 and I'm VERY impressed with the susp/handling :)...night/day improvement. No more heavy front feeling and actually throws around easilty even with the sway bar.....I see no need to remove the sway bar on the 10's but we do need to try it in different snow conditions. What a friggin FUN sled!!.....does still need some clutching work, clutches were hot enough to cook BACON on just playing in the trees. Did I say the 2010 is a FUN sled? :beer;:D

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
Did Ski-Doo do any front end "improvements" on the 2010's?

Rear suspension upgrade is cheap for 08/09 XP (500ish?) especially considering I just bent a Fox Zero Pro and need to replace it.

Any reports on climbing abiltiy? How fast does the 2010 get up on the snow?

Also SLP spindles coming out soon which are reported to be a great upgrade as well (for 08/09).

Interesting reports!:beer;:beer;:beer;

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
Yep, the 2010 still comes with pre-oiled clutches :rolleyes: They need to be cleaned before the first ride for sure.
Got to spend a little time on a 2010 and I'm VERY impressed with the susp/handling :)...night/day improvement. No more heavy front feeling and actually throws around easilty even with the sway bar.....I see no need to remove the sway bar on the 10's but we do need to try it in different snow conditions. What a friggin FUN sled!!.....does still need some clutching work, clutches were hot enough to cook BACON on just playing in the trees. Did I say the 2010 is a FUN sled? :beer;:D

i cant believe it either, you justt have to think where you want to go and just push your weight on that leg and it follows, i cant say enough on how much fun it was to ride this weekend, im definately not selling this one;:D

C
Chazmanian---good to hear. Now tell us where you were able to pull the steep this time of year?

BCB

Grand Lake yesterday....Chicken Hill I think its called? That area had good enough snow to ride high and get uber stuck whilst doing so...The snow went higher than I could climb on my sled....I will admit to riding up stuff where others havent yet ridden this season as I'm way too eager/stupid as a first year guy to worry about A-Arms.....We load up and go find snow and ride it!!

Last weekend Cottonwood was pretty decent as well and the weekend before that Monarch had a good load dumped. This snow dosent have a good base yet and I'm hoping once it does that I climb higher?

Christmas Eve will be another run at Grand Lake then Next weekend is gonna be snowy range:D

Premium Features