• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warm Lake, Deadwood, Scott Mt. Idaho riding

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Who has rode a lot in the areas listed, I live in Nampa and was looking for someone to ride with and learn the areas. I’m a deep pow rider with a good sled and can keep up with most. I ride the trinities a lot and am willing to trade info or riding locations. No crazies or egomaniacs just good riding in new areas next to home.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
I get lucky and find my way back to the truck most of the time up there. Today it was on the wrong end of the tow rope...When installing the bottom gear on a King Cat the flange goes on the inside.

Headed somewhere on Sunday, shoot me your number and I'll give you a call.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I'm always willing to hook up for a ride too. So John, how was the snow? Deep enough to get off the roads yet? I'm starting to get itchy:)

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
headed to Brundage

I think that was the area the 2 guys just got rescued from right? I ride motox up there in the summer (warm lake area) and would like to go along if you put something together.

A few of us are heading to Brundage this Sunday (9 Dec) so if you want to go along... I'm also off on Monday but have to bring a couple guys back to the valley.

Kinda like the ski lines, " SINGLE?!" Looking for a second to work the beacon and find my a** when the hill lets go. :D

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I've trudged around on Scott mtn quite a bit. As those two dudes that almost bought the farm yesterday can attest....it's a weird area that can bite you. Drop off the ridge line in any direction from the summit ridge line back to deadwood in the wrong spot and you could be in bad trouble. Kind of imagine one way in entrance and one way out exit with really inviting traps on all sides! If you keep to the top 1/4 mile all the way from the summit to deadwood its fun. If you get turned around and drop off the first bench on either side you get to be on the news. Not a good deal in bad visability.

I have hoofed from the top down to julie creek trail head...deadwood road... gallager...slaughter house...sams creek and swam the river for miles when I got in the wrong drainage on the north side of sam's and always wondered if I could make any one of those drop loops on a sled. Just never had access to a helicopter if I couldn't!

After hearing the S & R debacle from this past incedent you might also make the obituary! SCARY!

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
Sat we are headed to Deadwood, I dont know the area but mabe soon I will.. Sun we are headed to Brundage with a crew of us.. I don't really know my way up there but can normally get around..

I'm always up for going somwhere new...

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Deadwood

Sat we are headed to Deadwood, I dont know the area but mabe soon I will.. Sun we are headed to Brundage with a crew of us.. I don't really know my way up there but can normally get around..

I'm always up for going somwhere new...

If you are looiking for pow you will need to go higher than Deadwood. We were up yesterday and the warm temps really punked the snow out. Still over 3' in places but real crusty, hard turning stuff. Which way are you thinking about going in?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
even it the snow is crusty go day to get out and learn the area, any body doing dead wood from warm lake on sunday?

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
I talked to my budddy he still wants to go on Sat so we can log a few more miles of test and tuning in.. We will be there Sat...

John, we are headed to McCall on sunday I do believe where are you planning on going?

D
Dec 7, 2007
I for one know if you are going to be riding with John, you may want to jimmy rig a chainsaw to your snowmobile somehow so you can cut his little kitty cat out of the trees he seems to be attached too :D

Edit: You know I'm never going to let you forget about that day at Deadwood.

Last edited:
J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
You play that close with the trees and you are bound to kiss a couple....I'll admit that I seemed to have a tree magnet on that day. Crazy? I don't know about that. some days are better than others and the doc says I'm coming along well.

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Looks like the guy that was going to ride up with me can't make it. Give me a call if you are interested.
John

Last edited:

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
thanks 4 the offer but heading up to idhao city for a test and tune untill the deep stuff gets here.....pm me if you have an empty spot any day of the week..

Premium Features