• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truck Load of Stolen XPs in Canada Found

T
Nov 28, 2007
Midwest
Did anyone here about the truck load of XPs that was stolen and recently found in Canada in the last few days. My old man has been waiting for a while now and we now believe his sled was one of the sleds stolen from the shipping company. I saw post on another Forum but can't put my finger on it now. Old man has been getting the run around as the dealer has been told there was an issue with the Shipping company. Now the issue seems to have been brought to light. Stolen

If anyone else has heard the same let me know.

M

Mtn DOO

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
Here is the news story that was posted.

RCMP recover container-load of stolen snowmobiles
Last Updated: Monday, November 26, 2007 | 11:55 AM MT
CBC News
Two central Alberta men have been charged in connection with the seizure of more than two dozen stolen snowmobiles and the 18-metre CN container they were stored in.

The RCMP raided an acreage near Sylvan Lake, about 150 kilometres north of Calgary, earlier this month and found 28 new Bombardier snowmobiles still in their packing crates, a flatbed trailer and the CN container.

Police recovered 28 new Bombardier snowmobiles still in their packing crates.
(Sylvan Lake RCMP)

The RCMP believe the snowmobiles were stolen from a CN rail yard in Calgary about a week and a half ago.

Each limited-edition snowmobile was valued at about $15,000, with the total seizure coming in at more than $500,000, said Sgt. Duncan Babchuk of the Sylvan Lake RCMP.

"These were of … a high value to anyone out there whether [or not] they're interested in motor sports, so all of these were in a crate and these would bring back a good dollar value," said Babchuk.

Stanley Hake, 53, of Leslieville and Jerome Mathew Boake, 41, of Eckville are charged with possession of property obtained by crime. The RCMP and Calgary police continue to investigate the theft.

Police said the recovered items will be returned to a Calgary trucking company, CN Rail and two distributors in south-central Alberta

Premium Features