• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Early Pro-Climb?

J

jbrow

Jul 17, 2009
Haha this is great! My favorite part is at 3:00 where they zoom in on his face while the creepy voice says 'yeeEEeeaaahhhh'.

Snochopper

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
I have pretty much the same sled, a 77 ElTigre 500 FA, back in the day it was fast. The one I built has an updated rear, rubber track, Suzuki Fury Twins, New style clutches, updated cylinders and 35.5 carbs. I was going through these video's and found one of the early "Mountain Sleds", you should see some of the hair styles and vehicles in these videos.

Last edited:
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
your knees are going to drag the snow everytime you carve and the intakes going to get filled with snow, unlike my buddys pro. i dont like it i can tell it wont carve like my pro, or M.

hahaha j/k thats video is hilarious though. i was rummaging through my dads old boxes and found a box full of old trophies and on them was ol sleds that looked like that. still cracks me up. maybe my boy will laugh at the shape of our current sleds. lol

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
I have pretty much the same sled, a 77 ElTigre 500 FA, back in the day it was fast. The one I built has an updated rear, rubber track, Suzuki Fury Twins, New style clutches, updated cylinders and 35.5 carbs. I was going through these video's and found one of the early "Mountain Sleds", you should see some of the hair styles and vehicles in these videos.

they were real fast. Great looking sled.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
If I remember a '81 El tigre L/c would do 97 mph on the top. A '80 SRX yamaha at 10,500 rpm would do 94 mph. I hot rodded the '81 el tig with twin pipes and at 9200 rpm pulled 104 on level and pinned it to a little over 0mph on a slight down hill grade! Yes it was fast for it's time! Ran 74 mph in 400 ft, beat out a 3 banger 600 Poo. Burned it up twice and snapped the crank once. Rebuilt and after that it was a trade in for a '88 650 wildcat. Note: it held together at 8800 rpm for at least 10 miles with the broken crank in the Cascades, but vibrated your teeth out! Crank snapped at an angle and didn't hurt a thing!

Those were the days Mike

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Ambassadors of the "Double Cheek Sneek"!!

Great vid! My cousin owned that model year Pantera back in the day.

Premium Features