• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P-22 belt adjustment?

J
Jan 22, 2023
Quebec
Is the P-22 clutch on my 2023 boost supposed to automatically adjust the belt tension? After the first hour riding I noticed belt slipping, checked it and it was loose so I adjusted it with the adjustment screw on the secondary,adjusted it again after belt break in. So I’m watching videos of p-22 clutch and keep hearing that it’s supposed to automatically adjust, also noticed on some videos the secondary’s don’t have the adjustment screw in them, one video said if it doesn’t adjust automatically probably something wrong with it ? My secondary came with the adjustment screw? Any thoughts on this.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I believe the adjustment screw is for correct balance, nothing else with the P-22 clutch. Patrick customs mentioned that in another post. It should be backed out all the way for the auto belt deflection to work properly.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Is the P-22 clutch on my 2023 boost supposed to automatically adjust the belt tension? After the first hour riding I noticed belt slipping, checked it and it was loose so I adjusted it with the adjustment screw on the secondary,adjusted it again after belt break in. So I’m watching videos of p-22 clutch and keep hearing that it’s supposed to automatically adjust, also noticed on some videos the secondary’s don’t have the adjustment screw in them, one video said if it doesn’t adjust automatically probably something wrong with it ? My secondary came with the adjustment screw? Any thoughts on this.
My 23 9r did not come with the screw.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

D
Nov 17, 2008
My 23 9r did not come with the screw.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
If you have the screw it is my guess your dealer installed it before sending it to you to prevent the run on that some sleds had when backing off the throttle. My trubo and 9R did not have the secondary screw but I installed them my self to prevent the slow disingagement I some times got when backing off the throttle.

J
Jan 22, 2023
Quebec
If you have the screw it is my guess your dealer installed it before sending it to you to prevent the run on that some sleds had when backing off the throttle. My trubo and 9R did not have the secondary screw but I installed them my self to prevent the slow disingagement I some times got when backing off the throttle.

Premium Features