• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your thoughts on the new Arctic Cat Blast Mountain

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Yamadoo04, that's good to know. I have never been able to physically see a Blast or a Venom in person. I thought the entire sled was physically smaller and might be a step in the right direction toward a more manageable slightly smaller mountain sled.
The good step was providing a smaller HP sled for the kids. The sled is actually still heavier than the sled I currently ride. Polaris is the lightest sled on the market but for a kids sled you would think they could make is actually smaller. The only weight savings that are really there is because the engine is a single cylinder instead of 2.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Its a shame the M's dont come clutched for above sea level... 9k feet and the brand new sled will barely get out of its own way even with a 110# rider.

Definately some sorta cool stuff going on.

Super A

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Belgrade Mt
Got ours on the snow a bit today. Turning out pretty cool Skinz bumper, Freeride seat, heated/adj brake lever, and hush boxx, BCA tunnel bag, fox float 3’s all the way around, cat 1” lower riser and knee pads. Still have to find a lightweight battery.
Thanks for posting that picture, I’m Super excited we picked up a Blast last weekend. Just wondering what model seat you ordered, did it drop the seat height much. Do you have any profile pictures of the installed seat. My little person would probably benefit from something shorter. Thanks A

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Thanks for posting that picture, I’m Super excited we picked up a Blast last weekend. Just wondering what model seat you ordered, did it drop the seat height much. Do you have any profile pictures of the installed seat. My little person would probably benefit from something shorter. Thanks A
It dropped the height abit and narrowed it up as well and just a much more comfortable seat and bonus storage area. It is a skinz Freeride seat for arctic cat(does not say it fits blast but it does) ordered through country cat.

D4DDD25E-A5EE-48C6-8351-A6D845645FA3.jpeg 988D9B6E-0532-4089-9F9A-F6E8128B0A6C.jpeg 5911321C-568F-4EAE-8544-20449D29B09E.jpeg

P
Dec 15, 2018
Its a shame the M's dont come clutched for above sea level... 9k feet and the brand new sled will barely get out of its own way even with a 110# rider.

Just curious how you would change the clutching to make it perform more in high altitude?

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
I just ordered the 9k+ elevation clutch weights.

P/n8639-413
(6) 1646-093 8g mass block

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
was hoping someone would come out with a kit that would put regular clutches on. Seen arctics experimental blast and it had real clutches on it, f*ckn bean counters!! I will have to see how it runs with the right weights in it but has thinking of putting clutches on and see if i can get the bog out of the low end

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
whats wrong with smaller clutches on a smaller sled. yes smaller sled. I mean, besides the part where your dealer didnt throw the right weights in and probably still charged ya for it. to me the bean counters got in on the heavy shafts and brake disc and gas tank likely, just like a polaris entry level sled. Except those still have carbs...

P
Dec 15, 2018
So since iam just joe consumer...and bought one for a first...and live at 5200....should I as a consumer ask the dealer for the high altitude weights ect? It's for my wife and seventeen year old to learn and have fun not an ambitious athletic boy. It was in a crate when I bought it and haven't picked it up yet. Thanks

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
was hoping someone would come out with a kit that would put regular clutches on. Seen arctics experimental blast and it had real clutches on it, f*ckn bean counters!! I will have to see how it runs with the right weights in it but has thinking of putting clutches on and see if i can get the bog out of the low end

I’m on the verge of doing this. I want to get 10hrs on it before I start diving into tuning. I have a l/w disc and partial belt drive for it. ZRP l/w bolts and flywheel stuff... I could use. It needs to rev 8000 to be potent. Only going to do that by opening the engine up I think. Mine is just over 7000rpm at 4000ft across a lake w a foot of powder. My brother is about 150 wet and I had him do some passes since I’m a hundo over his weight.

I like the skinz seat put the long seat is good for doubling. The kids seem to love to double each other around more than when they rode 120’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
So since iam just joe consumer...and bought one for a first...and live at 5200....should I as a consumer ask the dealer for the high altitude weights ect? It's for my wife and seventeen year old to learn and have fun not an ambitious athletic boy. It was in a crate when I bought it and haven't picked it up yet. Thanks

Yes ask for the clutching to be changed to the mid elevation kit before you pick up. It’ll cost you money but worth it with these new clutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Finally got a day on the Blast in the snowies. My dealer still didn't get the weights and I called a bunch of other dealers in co and they didn't have any either so I just drilled them out until i got them to 9g to start. I'm not completely out of break in mode yet I don't believe so I'll wait to fine tune after that.

Ill just say I giggled all day on it. It's going to make an excellent sled for my wife and/or kid plus a decent back up sled for any noob I bring along.
8582b9c065d5302f8af38a7b342d3c5d.jpg
868217342642793277895f1ab8a85787.jpg

Super A

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Belgrade Mt
It dropped the height abit and narrowed it up as well and just a much more comfortable seat and bonus storage area. It is a skinz Freeride seat for arctic cat(does not say it fits blast but it does) ordered through country cat.
Thank you.. this little sled is awesome

P
Dec 15, 2018
I rode mine....and it was the first time I ever rode a snowmobile at all! Thing is awsome. It's perfect for a new guy like me (old and skinny fat) I get how you guys want more but it could definitely get going fast enough to kill a guy. So a kid would be so so stoked and my little old wife is not terrified or annoyed by it and actually thinks its "fun" maybe after I learn it will be blah but I bet if you over bored it and changed the fuel system and put it on a diet it would keep being fun. Now remember this was my very first time at 52 years old and iam 5 foot nothing 135 wet so...just fyi I bought myself a 600 and it is far and away more intimidating and much much harder to control with no skills. So ...shi@ I dont see how parents would ever buy a different one for their kids really or a guy like me who will probably never really be a hardcore mountain rider. 2cents

S
Apr 7, 2010
Finally got a day on the Blast in the snowies. My dealer still didn't get the weights and I called a bunch of other dealers in co and they didn't have any either so I just drilled them out until i got them to 9g to start. I'm not completely out of break in mode yet I don't believe so I'll wait to fine tune after that.

Ill just say I giggled all day on it. It's going to make an excellent sled for my wife and/or kid plus a decent back up sled for any noob I bring along.
8582b9c065d5302f8af38a7b342d3c5d.jpg
868217342642793277895f1ab8a85787.jpg

Took the kids to that exact spot there toward sand lake, they love it! They can almost pull it over and do cookies, great little mtn sled to learn technique!

Premium Features