• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your thoughts on the new Arctic Cat Blast Mountain

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
I agree but still nice to start with a lower#. It is very well balanced and the weight is down low and it really does ride very light.

Jr (9yo, 75lb, 4'8") and I went out around the farm last night and I was very impressed with how he was able to handle it. Took him on a bunch of off camber stuff and thought for sure he would get pushed into the weeds but he was able to keep it where it needed to be. Proud dad moment for sure! I had him switch to the 340 for a bit and the blast was noticeably easier for him to handle.

We'll see how it is in deep snow and at elevation but so far I'm very happy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Cornfusion, what's with the blue nitrous bottle wedged in beside the motor? Are you checking to see if we're paying attention?? If you pull that out, you'll lose another 10 lbs or so I bet... :)

<Edit> Oh, I see, "secret extra hp"... Silly farmer, that's where the hotdogger goes!! :)

Last edited:

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Cornfusion, what's with the blue nitrous bottle wedged in beside the motor? Are you checking to see if we're paying attention?? If you pull that out, you'll lose another 10 lbs or so I bet... :)

Oh, I see, "secrete extra hp"... Silly farmer, that's where the hotdogger goes!! :)

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Just got ours to the shop. Then the scale won’t work
fdda3cd5b329eff168fbf9f92654bc67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Got ours on the snow a bit today. Turning out pretty cool Skinz bumper, Freeride seat, heated/adj brake lever, and hush boxx, BCA tunnel bag, fox float 3’s all the way around, cat 1” lower riser and knee pads. Still have to find a lightweight battery.

DC03AE09-5036-4DF9-9DAE-B7D779DA1B58.jpeg

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Just got ours to the shop. Then the scale won’t work
fdda3cd5b329eff168fbf9f92654bc67.jpg

That thing is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a complete sucker for that beautiful yamaha blue.

Of course the scales don't work. Murphy wouldn't have it any other way!!!

The rumor mill says that the yamaha skis are really good and one of the main selling points of getting this sled instead of a Cat. Are you sure you don't want to try them out a bit before throwing on the CAs?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Got ours on the snow a bit today. Turning out pretty cool Skinz bumper, Freeride seat, heated/adj brake lever, and hush boxx, BCA tunnel bag, fox float 3’s all the way around, cat 1” lower riser and knee pads. Still have to find a lightweight battery.

Shoot dude, you are giving your kid a freeride seat, heated brake lever, can, and fox floats all the way around. We all wish we had a Dad like you!!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
That thing is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a complete sucker for that beautiful yamaha blue.

Of course the scales don't work. Murphy wouldn't have it any other way!!!

The rumor mill says that the yamaha skis are really good and one of the main selling points of getting this sled instead of a Cat. Are you sure you don't want to try them out a bit before throwing on the CAs?

Yeah my rep really likes them. I’ll break in the sled with them then switch out to compare. My kid is sponsored by C&A so we have to run the skis in any social and events. However I do want to try the stockers.

I have shocks off a Mtn Cat skid to throw under it, and some Zero Pro Ti to throw on the front. Straightline bumper should be here quickly too.
The seat is a good idea, it would help my 8yo a lot. My 14 looks like she’s made for it as is.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Shoot dude, you are giving your kid a freeride seat, heated brake lever, can, and fox floats all the way around. We all wish we had a Dad like you!!
This one is for my wife, “Happy Wife, Happy Life!” Daughter will get it next year, will end up with at least 3 if not 4 of them over the next 2-3 years, might get one for myself for riding with the family as it is a super fun machine. I would probably go with a ZR version for myself to ride with the family and use as a trail sled around home.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Ps, this Mbrp is 6.8lbs. Didn't get a chance to stick it on and hear how it sounds yet. That's a cool 12lb there.

As my cat buddy and I were looking at it today, we realized if you do a lightweight battery, muffler and/ or belt drive, all that weight would be coming off the right side. I wonder how much you will mess up the balance. Just food for thought.
f78e1f40f06892e031693b0ca762f15d.jpg

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I'm sure the question has been asked but, is there room for a 600 or 800 engine and clutch setup in this somewhat smaller platform? I have often thought that a 3/4 sized sled with roughly 125 hp would be an absolute BLAST.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Ps, this Mbrp is 6.8lbs. Didn't get a chance to stick it on and hear how it sounds yet. That's a cool 12lb there.

As my cat buddy and I were looking at it today, we realized if you do a lightweight battery, muffler and/ or belt drive, all that weight would be coming off the right side. I wonder how much you will mess up the balance. Just food for thought.

I would swear that my M8 rode better with the stock muffler than the ~5lb lighter SLP can... I can say the turbo M8 is even better balanced, with the turbo hanging on the right side... Certainly something to consider...

Thanks for the updates all three of you!!! My plan to get a rental outfit to pick up a couple and then buy one at the end of the year is not working out, so I may have to buck up for on directly if I can't talk them into ordering a few next year. Hopefully it's produced for at least two years... :)

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Put a BMP can on it. I’ll have to edit the video cuz it’s way lol long to upload. Swapped from stock to BMP over the past two days. It either sounds like an angry snowblower, or an angry CR360 that you can’t shift out of second gear.

I only have three hours on it but hopefully it opens up more. Not revving high enough and no top end. Incredible midrange tho. Really like that.

1231942b5f1a69286e3292823323c6bd.jpg

abe9e8431a9bdeced359dae0f7464d8d.jpg

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I'm sure the question has been asked but, is there room for a 600 or 800 engine and clutch setup in this somewhat smaller platform? I have often thought that a 3/4 sized sled with roughly 125 hp would be an absolute BLAST.
If you wan the 600 or 800 just buy that version. Honestly this sled is not a true mid sized sled. Yes the engine is smaller and they made the hood smaller but everything else is really the same size as the larger sleds. Handler bars are shorter. Everything else is exactly the same. Don't waste your time trying to convert the sled. Just buy the right sled. There will be no difference when you are done. Except you will have a sled with cheaper shocks, and lower handlebars. Not worth it.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Yamadoo04, that's good to know. I have never been able to physically see a Blast or a Venom in person. I thought the entire sled was physically smaller and might be a step in the right direction toward a more manageable slightly smaller mountain sled.

Premium Features