• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat makes it so hard to take my money

T
Jan 10, 2024
Canada
I just looked over the colour options for the 2025 models and I’m disappointed that as I spend more money I get forced into colour options I don’t want aka mountain cat vs. The m models the black is all I want. I have money cat why do you not want it, I now am going to order the base model not the top dog, the engineering team is working the marketing team is not at least give me a black tunnel light coloured tunnels look like crap after a hard year of riding. I don’t know about everyone else but I bleed green not two shades of ugly blue. They just down sold me I’ll just upgrade shocks, not the end of world but I’m disappointed. anybody have the same thoughts or am I alone here ?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Poo is really the only sled manufacturer that gives you real color options.

I would trade color options on the new Cat for a twin rail skid option any day.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I just looked over the colour options for the 2025 models and I’m disappointed that as I spend more money I get forced into colour options I don’t want aka mountain cat vs. The m models the black is all I want. I have money cat why do you not want it, I now am going to order the base model not the top dog, the engineering team is working the marketing team is not at least give me a black tunnel light coloured tunnels look like crap after a hard year of riding. I don’t know about everyone else but I bleed green not two shades of ugly blue. They just down sold me I’ll just upgrade shocks, not the end of world but I’m disappointed. anybody have the same thoughts or am I alone here ?
I am with you 100% I will be doing the same

Last edited:

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Quit bitching and get a wrap if you want to share you’re money with cat so bad.
That's not a bad idea offer them unpainted tunnel and plastics then we could wrap them up like hot dogs. I am asking for a shock upgrade on the Black one should be something you can click to order simple. Color is a personal preference and I get that. maybe the wrap Idea is good for some just not my thing. I have never really checked on one to tell you the truth maybe I am wrapper and don't even know.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Never really cared abour color. Lowest on the list of things. I get it that if you're spending all that money, you should get what you want. You only get what you want if they offer it. Kind of sound like going to someone's house for turkey dinner and griping because you want prime rib.
Never have wrapped a sled because i never liked most of them. They have gotten a million times better.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Every year people from every brand whine about the colors. Why does the color matter? You guys sound like a teenage girls who got the wrong color car for her sweet 16. Maybe bitch about something that matters like the fact that there still isn’t a boosted option LOL

B

Bernoulli

Feb 6, 2023
MN
^^ These last two posts are where it's at; color is the very last thing to cross my mind.

T
Jan 10, 2024
Canada
the point was cat literally down sold me I was going to buy the unit with all the bells and whistles now I’ll just get the base and give someone else the money for better shocks. Color may not matter to you but I’ve bought plenty of in season sleds that are good deals but not exactly what I want and It didn’t matter till I had to sell them. this Even applies to clothing I loved motorfist jackets the quality was the best and they have left it to die and not even a new t shirt of this season like I said love cat but why are they allergic to my money?

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I like the fancy colors but black is hands down the best for resale and easiest to find panels for especially a few years later when the one-off colors have gone out of production. It would be nice to see an all black option for the top line machine like Doo and Poo have.

R
Feb 26, 2008
Poo is really the only sled manufacturer that gives you real color options.

I would trade color options on the new Cat for a twin rail skid option any day.
Theyve been limiting them as well because its made ordering so complicated. I would bet you will see even less options from them for next year.

People complain about the color packages vs shock packages no matter what they do.
Beyond silly though to not offer a twin rail. I wouldnt buy one but lots of people wont buy an alpha.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
In all seriousness, I don’t disagree that all models should have a black option to keep you parking lot princesses happy. I would suck it up and buy the mountain cat though. Are your friends gonna make fun of you for the blue or what?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I really didn’t miss the point that your it’s all about me whine sounds like a nine year old girl.

Maybe it’s someone else’s turn to get their favorite color this year.

Solution remains, don’t like it, but still gotta have it. Change what you don’t like.

Freedom.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The good ol color whine lol. would never stop me from buying the sled I want. ok maybe a pink tunnel or something but please... these sleds usually look even better in person. I remember all the whining when the 19 alpha came out... to this day still one of favorite decal schemes out on the snow.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
That's not a bad idea offer them unpainted tunnel and plastics then we could wrap them up like hot dogs. I am asking for a shock upgrade on the Black one should be something you can click to order simple. Color is a personal preference and I get that. maybe the wrap Idea is good for some just not my thing. I have never really checked on one to tell you the truth maybe I am wrapper and don't even know.
I never was either till last year. As many burnt trees I ride through my sleds alway look scratch to hell. With the gloss finish it look WAY much better at the end of the year. Will always wrap my sled from here on out. Now to pick one for my 24

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I never was either till last year. As many burnt trees I ride through my sleds alway look scratch to hell. With the gloss finish it look WAY much better at the end of the year. Will always wrap my sled from here on out. Now to pick one for my 24
I wrapped my first one this year, but only because the Matryx plastics are so damn easy to scratch. My wife always gets wraps and they seem to hold up well to trees, so I figured I'd give it a shot this time

Premium Features