• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wolves

M
Mar 7, 2008
woves and wilderness

more wolves = fewer elk = fewer hunters = fewer people in the forest = and greenies love it: works nicely with Baucus and Testers additional Wilderness goals (also fewer people in the forests) all with the full support of your Wilderness folks.

more wolves = fewer elk = fewer hunters = fewer people in the forest = and greenies love it: works nicely with Baucus and Testers additional Wilderness goals (also fewer people in the forests) all with the full support of your Wilderness folks.

Screw the greenies and tree huggers they can shove it where the sun dont shine. Let them know ARMYSLEDER is gonna ride where he has always ride and thats a qoute! Oh and if there Idea to get ride hunters and other people is put wolves in there all they did was give me more hunting tags to fill.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
The elk hunt in Gardiner/Jardine Mt. is over, done...because of the wolf. This hunting area has been famous for a hundred years as THE place for elk, and lots of elk and HUGE bulls. It's just unbelievable whats happened and for the most part us good ol boys just sat back and let it happen. I know there were lots of people that tried to stand up and I don't mean to belittle their efforts but if we all banded together and stood up and none of us bought a deer or elk tag for two years we could stop a lot of it. I know it's federal and that's the problem. If I hear another expert say "but it's what the majority of people want" I'm gonna scream. What people, why does some idiot in Vermont get to vote on wolves in Montana??? I've been seeing tracks and scat while elk hunting every day, just can't seem to connect, but it's just a matter of time, ha.

M
Mar 7, 2008
wolves

Not buying tags won't help. Greenies don't care if you are mad. They are happy you are not hunting/not in forest unless you are just there to hike, crap in the woods, and kiss a few trees. The Wilderness groups do not care what your reason is - you are not there, no hunting, no guns, no people. Wilderness dream.
No the way to change this is get rid of Tester/Baucus and this change in Senators/Reps needs to happen all over and especially in western states who can then work together to lobby other parts of the country to understand the unique circumstances and probably can get support on our side when they see all the western states standing together on such issues: wolves/access/etc.
Then you have to change the guard in DC, Dept of Ag, and that is where the Wildneress / Wildlands / Greenie pressure comes from. Your local FWP is just a pawn, the big movers are all in DC. Guys like Tester and Baucus are their kind of people. Remember this when guys are running for office and you need to find out how they plan to approach this. Rehberg is your friend in this. You may not like everything he does but on this issue it is a no brainer. Rehberg has to defeat Tester. The commercials running currently, with the tape over their mouths, is misleading. That is a homeland security issue, not access like those lying greenie thugs try to portray. Research it.
Get active in politics, support the business that are supporting our efforts, and KEEP buying tags / guns / ammo and STAY in the forests. Everyone needs to join an access group (i.e. FFOR, CBU, BRC, MSA, etc) and these access groups need to work together and look for money for all of these efforts - that needs to be supplied by manufacturers (Yamaha, Honda, BRP, Arctic Cat, etc) not from a few access groups selling raffle tickets. Those manufactureres and others (hunting industry / independent firearms companies) should be interested as once there is no motorized access / niothing to hunt they will lose a lot of busines/money. Seriously, no elk/no hunting..what will keep our kids interested? same with ATV's / motorcycles/snowmobiles.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Sounds like you guys need to start practicing the 3 S's when it comes to wolves, tags or not. Shoot it, shovel it, and shut up. Its what you would call "shoot and release" :face-icon-small-ton

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Get caught and your going to to the pin, better off to shoot and leave, if it ever comes up you shot a coyote or wild dog to your knowledge, since there are no problem wolves around.

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Maybe they'll open greenie season? A lil population control, lol!
PHP:

It will open its self, sounds like the wolf has wiped out the Elk, Deer population in many areas.
That leaves Your live stock, family pets, Your family members and Tourists. Won't be long these dogs will be in the suburbs, the enviros left wing whackos will implement a plan to keep all people out of any forested areas, erect fences to keep us protected, or if it gets to that point we call it a feed lots for the mass population controlled by our magnificent free roaming wolf packs.
Don't worry you won't have your right to bear arms, you will be lucky to have a plastic fork to protect your self, just a snap shot of the liberal agenda.

Why did the Ranchers and farmers trap and kill the wolfs off ? Hmm I forgot, don't worry history will reteach's its self.

Tell all who recreate about the danger of the free ranging wolf packs so they can vote sensibly and demand action.

Sorry for rambling, I am peed off.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Already starting,

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/29401178/detail.html

29401213_640X480.jpg

Kind of gets me, my 1.8yr old malamute looks a lot like this one, just has more white under the chest. I saw one outside of town about 6 months ago that looked identical to him. Size, color, and moved the same, but with bigger ears, if he grows into his ears he is going to be huge. Looking at these pics that look like my dogs its scary to think I could walk up to wolf and not be sure it was one. (I am pretty sure I could tell, but the one I saw 1/4mile out of town I hit the breaks thinking my dog got loose).

Last edited:
Already starting,

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/29401178/detail.html

29401213_640X480.jpg

Kind of gets me, my 1.8yr old malamute looks a lot like this one, just has more white under the chest. I saw one outside of town about 6 months ago that looked identical to him. Size, color, and moved the same, but with bigger ears, if he grows into his ears he is going to be huge. Looking at these pics that look like my dogs its scary to think I could walk up to wolf and not be sure it was one. (I am pretty sure I could tell, but the one I saw 1/4mile out of town I hit the breaks thinking my dog got loose).

Your not the first one to say a wolve can be mistaken for a dog. However I doubt walking up to a wolf like you could to a dog would go over well.

However though I would feel like a total jack*** if I shot someones dog on accident.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
We keep ours close and if where out we throw something on them to identify them, orange collar, ribbon whatever.

I doubt you could walk up to one but if one trotted up just curious, by the time you both got close enough to tell for sure it may be to late.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Get caught and your going to to the pin, better off to shoot and leave, if it ever comes up you shot a coyote or wild dog to your knowledge, since there are no problem wolves around.

Ya, damn feds. What states have seasons now, how much are tags, who can get them, and how many are issued?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
http://fwp.mt.gov/fwpDoc.jsp?id=49406

Some good info here. What I was astounded at was the amount of wolves that were killed either by the State or Federal government. I believe the number was 141. Twelve entire packs were "removed". And by "remove" I think they mean fly a helicopter over them and "remove" with a rifle. I am curious to see how this year pans out with the hunting season a full go. Looks like 44 have been killed during hunting season and 19 have died from other "unknown causes". One thing I do know, elk numbers have decreased DRASTICALLY in the last 5 years in one of my favorite hunting areas. This area also has quite a few wolf packs in it.

M
Mar 7, 2008
wolves

That is good news. As those animals continue to wreck havoc on the elk and moose population I still prefer much more active management. Outside the national parks experiment I think they should be eliminated and let the elk/moose herds recover. The elk/moose herds were not destroying the environment, and did not need the wolves ripping apart the pregnant cows / young calves to restore some greenie/Wilderness wacko 'balance' to the forest.

Got back from another afternoon of hunting and all I saw was cows that been killed by wolves and a few elk tracks here and there. One set of tracks look like it had been chased by a wolf or something. Oh but wait supposivly wolves dont chase elk down and kill for fun they help the ecocycle.

I talked to a rancher the other night and he said they have been told if a cow is dead from wolves they can get reimburst but you have to be able prove it was a wolf with evidence from the wolf. Kinda hard to do in my opinion.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I agree but they would have some b.s. excuse why we shouldnt.

Its pretty clear you've never been there. There's not a Tree for miles in Long Island buildings and road ... Its in the middle of the Metro for the city of New York. Wall to wall people.

The state of NY maybe outside of NY city its pretty rural they might be alright there.

Premium Features