• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wolves

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
About this time last month i was thumbing through youtube videos and found this video about wolves. Sure we all know that wolves suck and we all now what they are doing to the deer, elk, and moose population. Just thought this video had some cool facts and figured I would share. ENJOY

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Wolves will kill Mountian riding much the way they are erraticating our Big game, one area at a time.
People have a short memory, the reason wolves were hunted to extiction was they could not coexist with man. History will repeat its self again, after we have delt with the ultra left wing whacko's and there Hollywood agenda's.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Good video, there are some other things that need to happen also, such as hunting them and not taking out the alpha (male or female) in a established pack, it only makes it worse. Wolf packs are established and structured, take out the alpha and it can make things worse. I think they can be managed, but not by dipchits in the cities, and the numbers need to come way down.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
and don't shoot one of these,

Alaskan Malamute, I've seen wolves that look identical around here! and I like my dogs.
66644_447995757739_754732739_5535750_1454697_n.jpg

66644_447995757739_754732739_5535750_1454697_a.jpg

Yesterday when I was hunting I saw more wolves tracks then I saw elk, moose and deer put together. Its the exact same spot my dad taught me how to ride and hunt, I plan to teach m son how to ride and hunt there as well but the way its going with these wolves it wont be long and it will be off limits due to the tree huggers and granola freaks that move up here and think they know whats best.

I hunt and fish to help pass time until sledding starts. I have a wolve tag and I figured alot of other hunters would do the same. Well after talking to alot of other hunters these past few weeks who had sled and dirtbike stickers on there trucks I come find out there against getting rid of the wolves and say the wolves were here first and deserve to be and human shouldnt be taking over there areas. Now you may say that makes no sense right, well it doesnt. Here is the whip cream to top it off, THE GRAY WOLVES are not even the native wolves for this area or for yellowstone where they started out at.

I know im going to get alot of crap for this but I do believe we need to get control of the wolves to protect wildlife and riding areas. If hunting them till there gone then thats what we will do however the way there spreading and the fact wolves can hide out good I doubt we will hunt them to extinct. I have been told there is more wolves now then there was before they were hunted out early years ago.

This is very serious not only for hunters but for sledders and like SPENCER stated above wolves will kill mountain riding and they can not co exist with man. But what do I know I only been researching and following this since it first started happening. Oh wait I forgot tree huggers and granolas know it all dont they? But they dont really look at both sides rather just do what they think needs to be done just like the idiots who drive 20MPH under in the fast lane on the highway in Suburus and say going too fast is dangerous but oh wait there going slow in the fast lane. Can we say idiot tree huggers and granolas?

Wag this is one of the best threads you have started. Good job.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense, they should be hunted just like all other game to control number. Some of those people should do a little research rather than listening to what they hear from the bias side, and look the word conservation. The arctic wolf was the native wolf and was about the size of a coyote, a lot different from a grey wolf. Since they put them in yellowstone, well its a done deal and not much we can do about it but if they leave they should be treated like coyotes and shot, then eventually there numbers would balance out with the amount of food available, but with the idiots around that will never happen.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
wolves are a beautiful species. but so are deer, elk, moose,bear,cougar,,,,,, the list go's on for the animals we are allowed to hunt with the tag you buy. i would hunt the inner city urban wolf if they let me. wylee coyote

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Just like Army said this is exactly what can happen when you introduce a non native species into an area. The Canadian Grey Wolf was NOT the native species to this area and is about 2X as big as the wolf that once roamed these areas. Due to the better climate, and greater availability of food with no natural predators the population has exploded, and these wolves don't kill just for food, they kill just for the fun of it too.

Take a look at some of these links they provide a good perspective on things.
Wolf Kills:
http://www.norcalblogs.com/gate/201...-wolves-do-kill-without-wating-their-prey.php

http://www.orwelltoday.com/wolvessheepkill.shtml

Wolves Kill 120 Sheep in Montana:

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/wolves_kill_120_sheep_near_dillon/12703/

Reintroduction may have been Ok if it were the actual same species being introduced and they had some sort of population control.
Like everything else in this country mismanagement, and undereducation is once again the problem. Most of the people that live outside these area's really dont believe that wolves kill just for the hell of it.... Until you've seen what they do first hand you really cant understand just how destructive they are.

Last edited:
S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
As they ( the resident ) of Priest river and Priest Lake said, shoot them in the gut and let them rot so no one is to blame. This is what the Loggers thought about the Grizzly bears in 1986. Now there is the Caribou in which closed out a lot of there back country riding and hunting, the wolf will complete the rest of the restrictions to the back country, it is simple , lock up the land and prosecute all that go there by mechanical means, of coarse your enviros will be the cops of the forest, difficult unless we have a lot of money to fight off this movement, it takes a lot of Lawyers ( big city packs have it ) and a lot of dedication. All need to contribute or we will keep loosing area after area, sorry they all hate us and our recreational opportunity. Same folks that have destroyed the Bear and Cat Hunting in Washington State. It is also the same folks that want us on the bus lines.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The last thing I want to do is watch John on a video, I have to work with him EVERY day. :face-icon-small-ton

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The kill for fun thing is exactly what will happen if a alpha is taken out of a established pack and juveniles are left to do stupid chit, then they just pack up and do what they are good at. Yet I have heard nothing about it when the hunts take place, but to all the people that want to go out and just shoot wolves you should get educated so your not making it worse. It may happen either way and I'm sure most wouldn't listen but you can't say you didn't know. There is a reason the alpha male and female only mate and if one of the b1tches has pups the alpha kills them, its there own way of breeding control to breed dominance but it also carries on the methods of discipline.

There is one predator on the wolf go to 4:40 in video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wwvPLPntZk&feature=related

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
What you guys in the Rockies really want (whether you realize it or not) are winter hunting seasons for wolves when their pelts are prime. Then you can combine sledding and hunting.

Wolves are adaptable. I live in Anchorage, and similar to other towns in the West we have a major mountain range (and a state park) right on the edge of town. We also have grizzlies and wolves...inside city limits.

We have bears mostly because we have major salmon streams running through town and very limited hunting opportunities to keep them in check.

As far as wolves go? We have a pack that's been working the northeast margins of town, eating pets. Wolves are not absolutely incompatible with man. We exterminated them from the rangelands of the West for economic reasons...they eat livestock, which tend to be dumb and slow, and therefore easier to catch than say, an elk.

Wolves certainly could be used as an excuse to try and further restrict sled access but any justification so be careful, but no matter how "ecologically responsible" it sounds on paper will be complete and utter bullshizzle. We Alaskans (and our Canadian brethren too for that matter) ride in wolf country all the time. So, if this issue comes up in your state point to us and ask the Greenies "What about Alaska??"

S
Jan 29, 2010
Meridian ID
wolf hunt

What you guys in the Rockies really want (whether you realize it or not) are winter hunting seasons for wolves when their pelts are prime. Then you can combine sledding and hunting.

Wolves are adaptable. I live in Anchorage, and similar to other towns in the West we have a major mountain range (and a state park) right on the edge of town. We also have grizzlies and wolves...inside city limits.

We have bears mostly because we have major salmon streams running through town and very limited hunting opportunities to keep them in check.

As far as wolves go? We have a pack that's been working the northeast margins of town, eating pets. Wolves are not absolutely incompatible with man. We exterminated them from the rangelands of the West for economic reasons...they eat livestock, which tend to be dumb and slow, and therefore easier to catch than say, an elk.

Wolves certainly could be used as an excuse to try and further restrict sled access but any justification so be careful, but no matter how "ecologically responsible" it sounds on paper will be complete and utter bullshizzle. We Alaskans (and our Canadian brethren too for that matter) ride in wolf country all the time. So, if this issue comes up in your state point to us and ask the Greenies "What about Alaska??"

We can hunt them all winter in Idaho until the limit in each area is reached. I think the season goes into march or april. It started last month during the general hunting season. I plan on killing two and selling their pelts to pay for some gas.

We can hunt them all winter in Idaho until the limit in each area is reached. I think the season goes into march or april. It started last month during the general hunting season. I plan on killing two and selling their pelts to pay for some gas.

It goes August 2011 till June 2012 and from I have researched were not even close to reaching the limits. However with all the hunting I do and sledding I am for sure gonna get one its just a matter of time.

What area are you hunting?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Anyone ever wonder how thse animals ever survived without humans to control things for them????

they didn't where they are now, but some dipchit had to implant the wrong wolf into ID and yellowstone. Then what do you know they where making there way down from CA anyway. These idiot greenies want everything natural but the natural thing would have been to let them naturally migrate into a ecosystem that would evolve to them being there. Not drop them in and let them mass produce. The next thing is if you want to protect them then why don't you sell all your chit by a piece of ground and make it an animal sanctuary so you can have piece of mind, anything less and you are a hypocrite.

Its just like the wild horse thing around here, idiots don't want to round them up and say let them live. But there is only so much ground for them to live on and then there becomes to many and the same idiots complain about them starving to death. Its called proper land management, thats how we co exist.

With wolve its not just about land management its about being the alpha and if we don't establish being the alpha and what is ours they will take us. It really is that simple.

I can read animals better than most after being around plenty of animal behavioral researchers, doing my own research along with dealing with 2 110-130lb alpha malamutes I can tell you they will do what ever they want if you don't establish your ground, and most likely would kill each other if there wasn't someone more dominate. You can watch them manipulate every angle and push boundaries on every little thing just to see if they can. Put 2 or more together and its amazing how instincts kick in and what they can do. You don't want to find yourself around 2 or more wolves.

A natural pack will stay in the wild and out of livestock unless they can't find food, but when they get overpopulated its going to happen, the only thing they have to have is food. They have to be managed for the amount of wildlife and area that can hold them.

Last edited:
S
Jan 29, 2010
Meridian ID
It goes August 2011 till June 2012 and from I have researched were not even close to reaching the limits. However with all the hunting I do and sledding I am for sure gonna get one its just a matter of time.

What area are you hunting?

A couple areas, one is south of Mccall and the other is over by the Trinities.

Premium Features