• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's getting new gear for the season??

R
Oct 18, 2010
Cutting this bad boy in half
d61e949cf6f4a2c5f1b81e16971e.jpg

Shopping for either of these this winter for my in-bounds solid board
DC_Devun_Walsh_pro_model_2012.jpg

OR

10JONESMOUNTAIN.jpg

What are you guys looking at for the upcoming season??

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Hoping to pick up a new pair of split bindings, probably some Spark Blaze LT's. I'd really like a pair of Karakoram's, just can't drop that much coin. New K2 split looks tempting too but I don't do retail if possible. That and my skate banana took a beating it took in the Andes earlier this month which is my primary resort deck, it's delaming. Ugh. Really I just want a new sled, priorities, priorities.

R
Oct 18, 2010
Chair 2 should have some sparks here coming soon :)

Also you should check out the Burner, they are a stiffer highback and heel strap, I got to test a pair out last season and they were awesome. Not sure if you like softer highbacks but I like really stiff bindings so it was a welcomed upgrade!

Shopping for boots too, its a toss up between the Deelux Sparks or Solomon f22 or Malamutes

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Bunch of sled mods for more boarding less digging. 174"x2.5" is the most notable:face-icon-small-hap.

Riding some patches about 2 weeks ago I hit a rock with my resort deck (Gnu Park Pickle) hard enough to core shot and produce a cracked top sheet. So that probably won't last beyond January:face-icon-small-fro.

Snowpants are shot...
Going to start wearing a full face while sledding and a bucket while boarding this year, instead of the full time hat. So two helmets.
Some gloves for sure, and maybe upgrade my split setup but that would be later in the season.
Biggest improvement is moving to Crested Butte, no more 30 mile drive each way to go to the trailhead or the resort. Now its walk to the chairlift or drive ~3 miles to the trailhead, and I work nights. As my uncle tells me I'm doing, Living the dream!

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
thinking bout getting a new beanie and some new stickers. :plane: depending on color it could add + or - 10 HP i think.

i do need a new muff pot.. i melted through the aluminum brackets last yr on my old one.. hot food on the hill makes the world go round.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
thinking bout getting a new beanie and some new stickers. :plane: depending on color it could add + or - 10 HP i think.

i do need a new muff pot.. i melted through the aluminum brackets last yr on my old one.. hot food on the hill makes the world go round.

You def need a new muff pot. I got $5 on it.

Just picked up these bad boys, K2 Obsethed 189's. They'll be my weapon of choice for most days for the time being. Getting a new set of dukes to go on em and some Lange's as my old freeride 120's are doneso!

The sled won't be getting anything but maintenance. I just sold my subi though, so I'll be buying a truck, and likely another subi to replace the old one.

I also got some new parts in my right knee. I won't be able to fully put those to the test until December/January I think. Still a bit weak.

Got some new two way radios, got an enhanced ID for easier canadian travel, and hoping to get some new outerwear as well. Been upgrading the computer this summer, and plan on getting a nice camera as well. Totally stoked on this season!

PIC_0223.jpg

I've heard those Dalbello's are sick boots. Never tried a pair on though.

Winning gear is always sick, you win them at a movie premiere or something?

I wasn't gonna upgrade the sled, but now I'm thinking about putting the 09 rear bumper on my 06 M7 to try to stiffen things up back there. The plastic bumper just seems so chincy.... trying not to spend most my cash on ski gear and travel though.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Thinking about getting the new S-36 front suspension on my 2008 xp and possibly tom's snowmobile rear suspension kit. Can't wait to get out on those mountains!

Can't go wrong with the Toms...get your fronts from him too and he gives a decent discount

Feb 8, 2011
Washington
Whole new set up!

Just picked up an 09 summit 800 and looking to get a Ride Berzerker with Capo bindings. Not sure on the boots yet. Also going to get a Tracker2 and probe and Dakine Heli Pro DLX bag.

R
Oct 18, 2010
Make sure you post some pics or vid and a write up... I'm interested in doing that to a board, maybe next year...

Cheers!

There is actually a few really good DIY write ups and videos online, splitboard.com has a dedicated DIY forum also

We are looking at putting on a DIY clinic, cost would be 25 bucks (basically to cover materials) and we would provide all the tools and help to get the job done. We are doing a test run with some buds in a couple weeks :) This is my 3rd diy split, they are easy and so much fun!!

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
Ok, so... I'm really bummed at this point. I just attempted to install my bindings on my brand new (last years model) K2 Darkstar and found out that one of my screw holes was messed up from the factory (of course, right where I wanted to put my bindings). So, I ended up having to return my board and since it was last years model, they don't have any to replace it with.

Anybody have a good recommendation for a wide powder board?

I've heard those Dalbello's are sick boots. Never tried a pair on though.

Winning gear is always sick, you win them at a movie premiere or something?

I wasn't gonna upgrade the sled, but now I'm thinking about putting the 09 rear bumper on my 06 M7 to try to stiffen things up back there. The plastic bumper just seems so chincy.... trying not to spend most my cash on ski gear and travel though.

Yeah, I was at the Rocky Mountain Sherpas, All I can, movie premiere in Truckee, still super pumped on that winning evening, bought lottery tickets on the way home but the streak ended with the skis. Oh well, good enough, although I had big plans for the 8.5 million.

The Dalbello's are the best boot i have ever had, although the snowmobile and the front buckles don't get along to well. The three buckle system, especially the the center buckle that holds my heel in place, keeps my foot the most secure and stable in this boot than any other four buckle boot I have ever owned.

I would assume the Full Tilt boots must work the same.

Premium Features