• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which turbo kit

A
Dec 21, 2018
So I'm turning 41 and feel my more extreme riding days coming to an end. So I'm figuring I'd make the best out of next year and build me a turbo sled. Since Arctic doesn't offer an option for me to order i need to build it, using my 2022 146 hardcore as base. Goal is to have fun, needs to be reliable and make me smile.. needs to be up there with the skidor/lynx 146 turbos..

Looking towards Solid for a complete kit. Any other opinions?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Have 2 silbers in my steed of Alpha's they have there known issues but really aren't that bad. Solids are the way to go, but way spendy when your watching where your money goes.

If your only turning 41 and your extreme day's in your eyes are coming to a end, try 66 years young- we still ride hard, and have a No Seat Sunday Ride weekly-
Try riding with no seat for a day, and you will realize to stay young at heart and healthy.

A
Dec 21, 2018
Have 2 silbers in my steed of Alpha's they have there known issues but really aren't that bad. Solids are the way to go, but way spendy when your watching where your money goes.

If your only turning 41 and your extreme day's in your eyes are coming to a end, try 66 years young- we still ride hard, and have a No Seat Sunday Ride weekly-
Try riding with no seat for a day, and you will realize to stay young at heart and healthy.
I have not yet used the seats on any of my sleds and still compete with my dirt bikes.. but man the cold and deep snow really takes a toll on my back... Nonetheless I'm riding all out at least one more years, and will get the catalyst for the easy days ?

I've seen silbert now offers both a bypass air box and external wastegate, sounds like it the atleast has the same features as factory setups? Does it improve reliability?

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
So I'm turning 41 and feel my more extreme riding days coming to an end. So I'm figuring I'd make the best out of next year and build me a turbo sled. Since Arctic doesn't offer an option for me to order i need to build it, using my 2022 146 hardcore as base. Goal is to have fun, needs to be reliable and make me smile.. needs to be up there with the skidor/lynx 146 turbos..

I was in same boat last fall. After having a few different kits over the years and much research. I settled on SOLID. Hands down best set up I've owned !!! Plus 24/7 customer service. Price is worth it.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Solid kit hands down, silber if your wanting budget, don't even bother with boondocker, a waste of time and they don't care if your kit has issues they'll blame everything else instead.
If you wait til the fall I heard there may be another premium kit coming from a premium company too ??

D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Solid kit hands down, silber if your wanting budget, don't even bother with boondocker, a waste of time and they don't care if your kit has issues they'll blame everything else instead.
If you wait til the fall I heard there may be another premium kit coming from a premium company too ??
Go with the new IBEXX turbo for the Cats!!! Meeeeeeooooowwww!!!

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
Go with the new IBEXX turbo for the Cats!!! Meeeeeeooooowwww!!

I am one of the owners of Solid, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Take care Jay

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I'm 54 .....riding sleds since the early '70s. Ride a 163 M8000 Ascender with a Solid kit. Hands down the best turbo on the market. Fit, finish, performance and SUPPORT!! Great group of guys and the info sharing is endless. No regrets at all.
No question....it will out perform any memory of a Doo/Lynx turbo you have.

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
Solid all the way…. Don’t buy an imitation ..
mine is a beast . Plus no more fancy AV or Race gas

M
Jan 8, 2022
Sanford MI

Don't throw in the towel just yet- I retired 4 yrs ago at age 62,quit my bad habits, ride my bicycle about 100 mi. a week in the summer, lost 50#s so far and last winter 22/23 I rode 6000+ trail miles in Michigan my best year yet,Take care of yourself and the rest will fall in place!

Premium Features