• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Did You Guys Watch As A Kid??????

V
Nov 27, 2007
denver area
What about CHIPS? Those chicks on skates were hot, even though I'm not sure I knew what hot was then. Also didn't Disney do movies on Sunday?

Dukes of Hazzard was a fav. My daughter now watches reruns of Little House on the Prairie.

G

go high fast

it's my understanding this website is top secret, super secure, private, hacker proof, and scrambled password protected. Knowing all that I have a confession..........I also like Little House on the Prarrie.

This post will self destruct in 13 minutes.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
yah, we watched Little House on the Prarie too... growing up in MN, with Walnut Grove only an hour away it was tough not to watch...

Chips was killer, they need to make a Chips movie... Scott could star as Ponch... :D

I can remember when they canceled school we used to watch the game show with the wammi's, cant remember what it is called....

Also, Johny Carson reruns, and that dating game with the "be back in 2 and 2" guy.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Alright, alright, I'll admit I too watched Little House on the prairie also.

Will this post self destruct automatically or do I have to push a button or something?

Outlaw, does the outlaw refer to the World of Outlaws? I used to watch the sprints up in Grand Forks , ND in my younger days. I don't know of any good dirt tracks where the Sprints run in the Mpls area. Anyone have any suggestions?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Yes it does. I think Beels probally outshines me in WoO knowledge though.

Cedar Lake, east of Minneapolis, on the Wisconson side. You are within prolly a 4 hour drive of Knoxville, Jackson, Fargo, and Husets.... all fun places to watch a race.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Husets is ouside of Brandon SD right? I have Cousins there and did actually go to the stock car races there in the 70's.

Fargo is doable but isn't that a paved track or not?

Cedar lake looks good for distance.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
No, Fargo is dirt, it is at the Fairgrounds. I have seen some of the best WoO racing I have ever seen there.

Husets is outside Brandon. I am there every Sunday. They run a 410 and 360 class of sprint cars, plus some stock cars.

I believe Cedar Lake is a lot like Husets. I have heard they put on a good show. I believe they have sprinters weekly. The WoO makes two stops there.

You have to run to Knoxville sometime, it is a blast!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
it's my understanding this website is top secret, super secure, private, hacker proof, and scrambled password protected. Knowing all that I have a confession..........I also like Little House on the Prarrie.

This post will self destruct in 13 minutes.

aaahahahaa, you can delete your post but you can't delete a quote!

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
What was the show with the 50something year old guy who was a Ninja?

I seem to remember something about that show too. Was Lee Van Cleef in that...Angel Eyes from the Good, Bad & Ugly?

Lots mentioned already but not these as far as I could tell

McCloud / McMillan & Wife / Columbo (after Mutual of Omaha & Disney on Sundays)
The Big Valley
Police Woman
Simon & Simon
Hawaii Five–O
Ellery Queen
And last but not least...ROCKFORD FILES!!

SledheadPaul

Premium Member
Rockford
Chips
Dukes
Barney Miller
MASH
(I will admit it) Dynasty Remember how smokin hot Sammie Jo was! Come on now
Litttle House was a good show
WKRP (The stoner DJ and Loni)
Emergency
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley

Last edited:

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
Wild Wild West - Have the first 3 seasons on DVD and the kids love them
Mr. Ed
My Favorite Martian
GET SMART ! ! ! ! Getting the DVD's
The Monkees
Batman (thwappp ! ! ! !)
Charlie's Angels
Bewitched
The Munsters
The Addams Family
The 3 stooges (reruns)
Laurel & Hardy (Reruns)
Hogan's heroes
Quantum Leap

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Watched lots of rifleman and anyone else remember grizzly adams used to love that show! and most of the ones already mentioned

Yah, I remember Grizzly Adams, forgot all about it. I dont know if any one has mentioned.... but what about Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdon?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I forgot all about this thread. We have a channel here now that plays all the old shows everyone has listed. It drives my wife nuts when I watch it.

W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
You guys are going to laugh but we only had one channel for years and through the snow it was Howdy Doody Time.

M

MPS

I forgot all about this thread. We have a channel here now that plays all the old shows everyone has listed. It drives my wife nuts when I watch it.

hahaha, I have that channel too! It drives the GF nuts! The A-team, Airwolf, Knight Rider....then on CMT I can catch the Dukes....I want to see Buck Rogers again....Wilma! MMMMMM.

It's ok Wolf....we all knew you were up there in years, but it is all about as young as ya feel right? I would have never guessed your age! LOL

Premium Features